great accuracy with p3at

This is a discussion on great accuracy with p3at within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was pleasantly surprised at the accuracy of my P3AT also. It is my daily carry and I feel safe and confident with it....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: great accuracy with p3at

Ex Member Array HollowpointHank's Avatar
    I was pleasantly surprised at the accuracy of my P3AT also. It is my daily carry and I feel safe and confident with it.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array JerryM's Avatar

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Banzai Jimmy View Post
    I think to believe this, I'd have to see it. :)
    :)
    Jerry

Sounds great! Love to see photos also - especially the "clips" it uses. Thought it used magazines! How is the recoil of that little thing?

I also carry a P-3AT for BUG, and primary during the warm months, in a pocket holster. I've used nothing but Full Metal Jacket Double Tap Ammo for my .380's, I have both the Kel-Tec and a Bersa T380.

From the Double Tap website...
    "This loading makes the 380ACP really perform like it should! There is virtually no muzzle flash. For the times when extra penetration is needed, this is the fastest FMJ on the market for your 380. Standard pressure loading.

Velocity:
    975fps / Kel-Tec P3AT

1085fps / 3.5" bbl Bersa Thunder

Muzzle Energy:
    201 ft. lbs. Kel-Tec
    248 ft. lbs. 3.5" bbl Bersa Thunder"
    The United States Constitution (c)1791. All Rights Reserved.

i carry ball ammo in my p3at and it feeds it with out any problems. right now it has remington ball ammo in it. it also feeds hydro and gold dot ammo. but i like the ball,,on my wet phone book tests the ball did the best in penetration. so it is ball ammo for me.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Quote Originally Posted by GlockAddict View Post
    Was able to hit about a fist sized bullseye at 25yrds with all six rounds, 3 clips in a row. My friends have a new found respect for me. Was my first time even shooting it. It's not fun too shoot, but im just amazed that I can shoot it more accurately then the glock i've owned for 7 years.
    Did you mean 25 feet, or did you actually shoot a 4" group with 18 rounds at 25 yards with a 2.745" barrel with a DAO pistol?
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

I got one and I must say I really suck shooting it! at 25 feet I'll be lucky to get a 3rd of my rounds on target, I'v put about 3oo rounds tru it and on the plus side I'v yet to have a miss load so I feel confedent to use it as my BUG at close range.
    EDC's Colt Defender 45 acp and S&W 442 .38
    Springfield XD 45 acp
    Ruger SR9
    Ruger Super RedHawk .44 mag
    mossberg 590 12 gauge tactical
    bushmaster AR15-M4

Quote Originally Posted by Kerbouchard View Post
    Did you mean 25 feet, or did you actually shoot a 4" group with 18 rounds at 25 yards with a 2.745" barrel with a DAO pistol?
    You must have big fists. I figured it to be a sub 3-3.5" group which very would be good for 90% of the shooters out there at 25 yards with full-sized pistols. While the barrel may be accurate, the small sights, short sight radius, and lousy trigger make marksmanship very challenging with a P3at...and to think he managed such proficiency the very first time out with all three clips.

I think I will wait for the video of shooting such a tight group at that distance with that gun...
    Considering yourself to be defenseless is the first administrative step to becoming a victim.

I've never even tried to shoot mine at something 25 yards away.
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Quote Originally Posted by Double Naught Spy View Post
    You must have big fists. I figured it to be a sub 3-3.5" group which very would be good for 90% of the shooters out there at 25 yards with full-sized pistols. While the barrel may be accurate, the small sights, short sight radius, and lousy trigger make marksmanship very challenging with a P3at...and to think he managed such proficiency the very first time out with all three clips.

I think I will wait for the video of shooting such a tight group at that distance with that gun...
    I was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt. I believe when he checks back in to this thread we will hear that it was 'about' 25 feet, and 'maybe' had a few fliers.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

Who is John Galt?

While I've surprised myself at the accuracy my P3AT delivers I can't even come close to that performance. The accuracy of my P3AT is surprising because it has the most ill-defined sights of any handgun I have.

My son was vexed at me the other day when I didn't shoot an armadillo after producing the P3AT. I told him that, as the critter was 25 yards away, I didn't want to embarrass myself. This armadillo was more wily than most for an attempt to creep closer only caused him to "light a shuck".

Distinguished Member Array JerryM's Avatar
    The sights alone on the P3AT make such accuracy very doubtful, even if one is a very good shot, and considering that the gun may not be capable of such accuracy.
    I sure would like to see someone do it. In the meantime, well...
    Best,
    Jerry

The P3AT is more of a belly gun than a target gun. 25 feet is farther than the intended use of this gun.

At 25 yards I would have a better shot hitting the target by throwing my P3AT.

Quote Originally Posted by jerm1109 View Post
    At 25 yards I would have a better shot hitting the target by throwing my P3AT.

Who is John Galt?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links