CCW of the XD45 service model? - Page 2

CCW of the XD45 service model?

This is a discussion on CCW of the XD45 service model? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This is what I use. Works for me now....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CCW of the XD45 service model?

This is what I use. Works for me now.
    Attached Images

Depending on how I feel and what I'm wearing I alternate between a SideArmor IWB and Cross Breed Supertuck. The CrossBreed is more comfortable for long days.

Holdcard
    If You Want To POPULATE Heaven
    You Have To PLUNDER Hell!!

4th Man Ministries

M2
    Cheap-o Uncle Mike's neoprene IWB holster, costs about $12 and it works well with a t-shirt and shorts...I'm 6'2" and ~190 lbs...

Cheers! M2

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Cheap-o Uncle Mike's neoprene IWB holster, costs about $12 and it works well with a t-shirt and shorts...I'm 6'2" and ~190 lbs...

Cheers! M2
    I used that for several years untill I was reading about the magical mtac and decided I have to try. Took some time getting used to. My cheap $9 Arizona belt from walmart still stands after 6 years.

Distinguished Member Array snowdoctor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Squawker View Post
    I carry my XD 45 service in a Max=con V IWB holster. Comfortable, no problems.
    +1...same set up...very comfortable
    6'0" 270lbs
    ----DOC-----

--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--

NRA Certified Instructor--many disciplines

XD45 Tactical rides in my Crossbreed under polo shirts or even T-shirt.

I also have the 4" XD45, but the Tactical's longer barrel actually helps the weapon snug in tighter for less of a "print".

The controlability of the XD's and added capasity, has me neglecting my G29 in 10mm. to be left in the safe more often than not.
    "If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men." Romans 12:18
    ...if not...be prepared to meet Mr.10mm, .45, .40 or any one of their little brothers.

Anybody experience a failure to fire on the range due to not depressing the grip safety sufficiently? I probably had 4 or 5 of those during the first 500 or so rounds I put through my XD9 ... It seemed a little too fussy for my liking because I thought my grip was quite good when the f2f's occurred....would like to hear from other XD owners on this one.

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JTKarp View Post
    Anybody experience a failure to fire on the range due to not depressing the grip safety sufficiently? I probably had 4 or 5 of those during the first 500 or so rounds I put through my XD9 ... It seemed a little too fussy for my liking because I thought my grip was quite good when the f2f's occurred....would like to hear from other XD owners on this one.
    No problems, and why post this in the XD45 thread?? You are hijacking this thread and that is not proper forum etiquette. Try posting your own thread in the correct forum area.
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

I carry my XD45 service almost daily in a crossbreed supertuck or K&D Dakota Defender. No problems. The supertuck is excellent as is the Dakota Defender and my thebeltman belt helps hold everything up real nice.

With the FIVE XDs Ive owned or currently own, I have never once had a problem with the grip safety, I dont even know it's there unless I think about it.

Sorry about that..... I'm new to the site and am still learning the routine.

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    Sorry about that..... I'm new to the site and am still learning the routine.
    Thats cool! I wasnt jumping on you. Just figured you probably didnt know.
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

Member Array Detachment_Charlie's Avatar
    When I carry my XD45 Servce, it's in a High Noon Slide Guard belt holster. Very well made and holds the pistol high and tight to the body. I usually wear a fishing "shoot-me-first" vest or a blaser as a cover garment.
    These are NOT small pistols and you have to work at concealing them. Oh, a use a real, genuine, pays your money GUN BELT.
    What if the Hokey-Pokey really is what it's all about?

Distinguished Member Array snowdoctor's Avatar
    i totally agree that if you are going to carry that size gun everyday, you need a good rig, and most importantly a good gun belt...not a stiff belt used to such and such...spend the money and buy a GUN BELT...it will make all the difference in the world
    and for the record I own two XD's a 9 and 45, and zero FtF...they have grip safeties?
    ----DOC-----

--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--

NRA Certified Instructor--many disciplines

I have had no issues concealing the xd45 with stock holster. You do have to dress around the gun though....which I really don't mind. It's a fine weapon.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links