Am I alone on this or what? Glock sights

This is a discussion on Am I alone on this or what? Glock sights within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; A friend and I were talking today and the subject eventually got around to the standard Glock sights. He carries a G19 and I carry ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Am I alone on this or what? Glock sights

Am I alone on this or what? Glock sights

A friend and I were talking today and the subject eventually got around to the standard Glock sights. He carries a G19 and I carry a G23. He has changed his standard Glock cheap-o sights out with an after market set that he likes a lot and suggests I should do the same. but he was surprised to find out that I really like the sights that came on my 23.

Am I alone on this or are there any others out there who really like the sights that come standard on the Glocks? I just really like the one dot surrounded by the white line on 3 sides as a sight picture. I wish there was a version of it in tritium or night sight capability. But I have not yet seen that.

Anyone else like the Glock sights that came on their gun?
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

2. Remove Ads

My newest addition to my Glock line was a G19. It is now my primary choice for CC and I do so 24/7. The rest of my Glocks have night sights installed, but I'm going to keep the stock plastic sights on my G19. They work well for me. My home/night time pistol scenario is with M6 tac light/laser attached anyway.

Well, Novak makes a bar dot tritium set but the rear sight has a horizontal line.
    If you're interested, it looks like the bar rear sight part # is DCR-12.
    Glock

I would think places like Midway or Brownell's would carry the Novaks as well.
    Jack

I've got both the factory white outline sights and night sights on my Glocks. It's hard to beat the factory sights, in my opinion. I don't care much for the Glock adjustable sights.

I actually think I shot more accurately w/ the standard plastic sights than the tritium night sights. The gun I shot w/ the standard sights was much more worn in though and my gun w/ the tritium sights was brand new. Probably had nothing to do w/ the sights, but point being, I like the standard plastic sights just fine.
    Glock 19

I wish the slot in the rear sight was a little wider, but I don't think they're atrocious like a lot of people say.

That being said, I wish I had truglo's on mine.

My G19 has yellow rear/green front Tru-glo night sights, they're pretty nice.
    Jack

stock werks fer me !
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

From what I've read about defensive shootings and the almost non-use of the sights, I have stopped worrying about the stock sights. They will do just fine under a stressful situation because you'll be doing mostly point shooting anyway.
    NRA Member

For me the stock Glock sights are the slowest to acquire. I have XS Big Dot tritiums on my G27 which are outstanding.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

I find the stock setup to be the best for defensive "flash picture" aquisition (if you have time to use sights). I did change the front sight to an Ameriglo night sight which has a nice bright white ring around the tritium. If you take a good force-on-force type class you will find that once put under stress you don't use a classic sight picture anyway.

I can't call myself a Glock man...but now I own TWO Glocks, sheeeesh...
    I find that night sights do help these 60 year old eyes...I like the Trij's I put on both. I like the sights when wandering the house in the 'dark hours'...
    As far as using the sights at the range? No problem for me...all my .45's and 9mm's have night sights....they seem to work for me!

Stay armed...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

If you have the steel rear & staked front, and you shoot well with them great. If they are the plastics, switch them out for steel. It's not hard to shear off the plastic fronts- the main reason I've never kept the factory's parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob72 View Post
    If you have the steel rear & staked front, and you shoot well with them great. If they are the plastics, switch them out for steel. It's not hard to shear off the plastic fronts- the main reason I've never kept the factory's parts.
    +1...I've seen factory Glock sights fall off if the gun is dropped. Heck, the last time I took a set off to replace them with metal sights, I just scraped the front sight off on the edge of a table. They're really not that durable.

If you actually practice one-handed reloads and other "worst case scenario" stuff, the plastic sights probably won't last very long.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

Administrator
    The Glock sights are the weak link in the package IMO, not because they are not good for target shooting, but they simply are not sturdy enough for hard use. I prefer metal sights, especially up front. The stock front sight is pathetic when it comes to strength. I've knocked more than one off.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links