Snubbed - Page 2

Snubbed

This is a discussion on Snubbed within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Welcome to the snubby club.....should all have at least one....I also use the Nemesis pocket holster....I think its the best way to carry a snub....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Snubbed

Senior Member Array AZ Desertrat's Avatar
    Welcome to the snubby club.....should all have at least one....I also use the Nemesis pocket holster....I think its the best way to carry a snub.

Well, I picked up some ammo today, but got called back to work before I could pull the trigger... Maybe tomorrow. Picked up +P 38spl in 158 grain and a box of Hornady .357 xtp to try...

If your not packin' your slackin'

Its better to have and not need than to need and not have, keep it safe but keep it loaded!

USN : Desert Storm

Senior Member Array bluelineman's Avatar
    Good pickup.

I recently got a SW 442. I load it with Speer Gold Dot 135 gr +p short barrel ammo. I used to pocket carry in a Desantis Nemesis, now I use a Mikas.

That Hornady stuff is your dad's "envelope" cartridges. Lot better stuff out there on the market these days.

Well, made it out to the range... I shoot at an indoor range on occasion and this was one of those occasions. It definately highlighted the FLASH this firearm produces.... WOW!

This is the first two cyllinders. One with .38's and one with .357's at 10-12 yards.

As you can see I need some more time behind the trigger on this one. I did notice that the kick is more significant with the .357 full house rounds, but still not comparable to the Kahr MK40 on the abuse scale. This is very manageable.

For the first outing I shot 50 +P+ 38 specials rounds, a box of Hornady 158 gr .357 mags and an assortment of other .357's from Corbon, winchester, remington, etc... NO issues noted. I like the revolver, it is light and you feel it but it works well for its purpose. I bought this to replace my AMT .380 backup, but after shooting the two of them side by side, I am much more proficient with the AMT. It also is smaller and only slightly heavier (full stainless). I found myself carrying the AMT again today when I was out and about in shorts and tee shirt. Maybe after some more trigger time the S&W will make it to the carry shelf.

This is the concerning photo... I hate scratches! Guess I will have to get used to them, besides after some pocket time I expect to have some shiney spots on this one anyway.

Its better to have and not need than to need and not have, keep it safe but keep it loaded!

nice gun!! .357's are fun to shoot out of those things

Quote Originally Posted by Prvt. Toter View Post
    Thanks for all the input, that clip draw looks like it might be worth a try.

I went to our local Walmart today to buy my typical white box winchester rounds... typically hit them about once a month for a 4-5 boxes of various calibers of ammo. The guy at the counter told me they are no longer selling guns or ammunition. Guess I will have to find somewhere else to buy natchos in the future since they just lost my business...

I plan to pick up some 38 +P or +P+ along with a box of .357 to try. I have about 4500 double ended wad cutters that I can load up for practice rounds, but those will be light loads and may not represent point of aim for defense rounds... I have read somewhere that the +P 38s are equivilent to the .357 rounds out of the 1 7/8 barrells due to not being able to get a full expansion of the gasses in the short barrell... anyone know if there is any truth to that? I will probibly chrono some just for grins anyway...

Thanks again, and good shooting...

there is no truth to that. .357's have a 300-400 fps advantage over .38 +p roughly based on manufacturer.

AMT

Never seen a finish like that on an AMT. What is it?

Nice revolver and a great replacement, though. Try the Remington 125gr Gold Sabers. A great snub load in .357.
    Remington Golden Saber HPJ

Superhouse.. thanks for the reccomendation on the ammo. I will try it. I did not mind the recoil as much as I expected on the 340, actually quite managemable and still able to return followup shots to target. Like I said though I need more time behind the trigger. Next weekend I am heading out camping and will put a few rounds throug it again.

The AMT was like new when I bought it, but I carried is rough for a few years then decided to refurb it. I have completely gone through the thing, not that there is much to those, but everythng is buffed, polished and coated. The black finish is Cerama-Coat... I can not say enough good things about that stuff. I degreased the gun with brake clean, sprayed and baked in the wifes oven at 350 for 30 minutes. Took quite a bit of masking and taping since I wanted the look of the stainless over black, but it came out great. The coating has been on now for over five years and carried daily... that little gun always goes bang and gets a couple of mags weekly.. no issues. The Cerama-coat has really held up well to my abusive handling as well. I am getting ready to redo an old model 66-2 with it just to give it a new look and a more hunt (not shiney) friendly finish... I am thinking black frame with bead blasted cyllinder and controls...

Here is the AMT on its own with better detail... The Cerama-coat is on sale at Midway right now..

Senior Member Array Sportsterguy's Avatar
    Here's my 3" snubbie. Not a true pocket gun but it hides easily. Don't carry it anymore due to the prices on the 3" S&W's going up but always packed it with Speer 125 gr. LE Gold Dot's. Very managable, extremely accurate and devestating on watermelons, cantalopes, ground hogs and othe vermin.

Right side

Left side
    Sportsterguy-NRA Life Member

Molon Labe!

Join the NRA today, or don't complain when your guns are taken away!

Let's just say, you will definitely know the difference in a .357 thru it vs a .38.
    LOL. Practice at least some with .357's if you plan to carry with them in it, so you know what to expect, the recoil difference, etc. And then, if someone tells you there is no difference, you will know they haven't shot one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links