Kahr's

This is a discussion on Kahr's within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok I will chime in. I own a PM9 and carry it a lot. Very reliable, (about 1500 rounds so far). I have only had ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kahr's

Ok I will chime in. I own a PM9 and carry it a lot. Very reliable, (about 1500 rounds so far). I have only had one stovepipe in that time (my fault) and no other FTF or FTE. However it does prefer me to use the slide stop to release the slide rather that using the sling shot method. I does take more practice to get used to the trigger.

Very concealable (0.9 in width I believe).

2. Remove Ads

Pm9

I have a PM9 that I love. Handles all ammo very weel but I must say, it does whip a bit when shooting corbon powerball.

Tried a Kahr 45 out at the range. Guy had just picked it up and was running it through the 200 rd break-in. I ran a couple of mags through it and found the recoil to be sanppy but very controllable. Little tougher than my 40 Para, but not bad.
    They have a good rep and the company seems to stand behind their product.

A firearms instructor friend of my has the MK series .40. Nice small gun for carry.

The last time I was at the range with him the slide was not going into battery all the way. He had to hit the back of the slide a few time, and all was good after the adjustment.
    Aaron

If you don't protect your self, who will?

Quote Originally Posted by glock21guy
    A firearms instructor friend of my has the MK series .40. Nice small gun for carry.

The last time I was at the range with him the slide was not going into battery all the way. He had to hit the back of the slide a few time, and all was good after the adjustment.
    I have had that problem usally its a dirty gun problem or a lube issue. Kahrs are a wet gun and like lube lots of it compared to a Glock. My K9 has 4,000 rounds fired and a few FTB from lube issues. My lead intructor has over 15,000 rounds fired from his E9 Kahr and the onlys mod he has done was put a 23lb recoil sping in to replace the 20lb factory spring. He changes recoil springs every 3,000 rounds. He also only shoots +P amnd +P+ loads in it. He has told me that Kahr recommends 200 round to break it in but he feels 500 is more like it.

JMO, but I like the Khars,, the steel framed ones seem to have less of the quality control issues that plague them,, the Polymer ones almost to a one seem to have function problems until spme magic number is reached.. My Pm9 took 2000 rounds before it will now feed any thing and every thing,, My T-9 no break in at all.

In all my dealings with Khar they have been great,,, I would not have one of the small Poy's in any thin above 9mm, just recoil issues for me..

I like the feel of the Larger "T" seris it kind of reminds me of the P-35 grip, although single stack..

When out and about I carry a pair of them,, for now in 9mm

Bud, I like the Kahr line but I wouldn't own the polymer versions because of the recoil. I find the K9 to be just about perfect as far as grip size and recoil. I have a Ruger SP101 as well, and the K9 seems to have the same or less felt recoil as the SP101 shooting .38 +P loads. I've considered going to the K40, but I'm probably better off with the K9. I've got a ton of 9x19 ammo around here for practice.

jmm

Quote Originally Posted by grimjaw
    Bud, I like the Kahr line but I wouldn't own the polymer versions because of the recoil. I find the K9 to be just about perfect as far as grip size and recoil. I have a Ruger SP101 as well, and the K9 seems to have the same or less felt recoil as the SP101 shooting .38 +P loads. I've considered going to the K40, but I'm probably better off with the K9. I've got a ton of 9x19 ammo around here for practice.

jmm
    The MK9 I bought my wife is the all-steel version of the PM9. The MK weighs (if memory serves me which is usually not the case! LOL) about 6-8 ozs more than the polymer PM in unloaded condition. I was surprised at how lilttle the recoil was with the MK. I was expecting something quite a bit fiercer even in the 9mm version but my expectations were unwanted. The MK shoots very easily with very manageable recoil and is more than manageable. It has a slight bit of muzzle flip due to the small size but I had no problem shooting 2-shot-per-second strings with COM groups at 7 yards. I could have easily gone to the .40 in the MK for my wife and it would be manageable for her. I would expect the PM version to have slightly more recoil and flip but I would be surprised if it was a night and day difference between the two. Granted, I have not had the opportunity to shoot the PM so I am only going off the basis of my own experience with the MK.
    Firefighter/EMT
    "You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know" - T.R.

<----My LT was unhappy that I did not have my PASS-Tag at that fire. But I found the body so he said he would overlook it. :)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links