Colt diamondback .38special?

This is a discussion on Colt diamondback .38special? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by dukalmighty I see my hopes of buying a diamondback fading rapidly,I want to thank everybody who told the guy to buy it ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Colt diamondback .38special?

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I see my hopes of buying a diamondback fading rapidly,I want to thank everybody who told the guy to buy it for crushing my hopes and dreams,I'm sure over time I will start to get over my "loss" with intense therapy and a bookcase full of self help books I may be able to find a reason to drag myself out of bed every day.
    Hey!!! Looks to me like dukalmighty is already conceding the loss, so if you decide not to buy it, does that put me at the head of the line for the phone number????

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by cvhoss View Post
    Hey!!! Looks to me like dukalmighty is already conceding the loss, so if you decide not to buy it, does that put me at the head of the line for the phone number????

Hoss
    I didn't say I gave up but I don't think he will pass that offer up after all the positive posts,if he doesn't buy it and it's available i'm all over it.I love it when somebody falls into a sweetheart deal wish it was me usually tho.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Thanks for the list OD. You're "as handy as a pocket on a shirt."

I can't for the life of me keep the Colt line-up straight. I'm better on the "classics" than I am on the newer stuff. I know the D, I, O, and P frames but mistakenly thought the E frame models you mention were grouped within the I frame.

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    Thanks for the list OD. You're "as handy as a pocket on a shirt."
    You're welcome Sir.

I can't for the life of me keep the Colt line-up straight. I'm better on the "classics" than I am on the newer stuff. I know the D, I, O, and P frames but mistakenly thought the E frame models you mention were grouped within the I frame.
    I believe you're correct on the later revolvers in that line.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

Distinguished Member Array airslot's Avatar
    BUY IT
    Mine was one of the best weapons I ever owned. Have beat myself up repeatedly for selling it. I ck every time I go into a gun store for one that is reasonably priced. I still have the holster and belt that fit it. Holster is marked with S&W logo / 22 34 W . Don't know what it was intended to fit, but it fit that colt like it was made for it.
    The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

Don't just stand there....BUY IT QUICK.
    http://www.treasureislandbedandbreakfast.com
    Ed Brown Kobra Carry | HK P7M8, P2000sk, P30s | Sig P238, P239SAS, 1911 C3, P232, P938 | Colt Defender, Mustang Pocketlite, 1911 | Rohrbaugh R9 | Kimber Covert Ultra II | Browning HP, Buckmark 22LR(suppressed| Walter PPK(1966) | Kahr PM9 Black Rose |

We haven't hears any feedback did you buy the gun ,wasit sold before you bought it,if you bought it ya gotta post pics w/without drool on it
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"

1943 - 2009
    We haven't hears any feedback did you buy the gun ,wasit sold before you bought it,if you bought it ya gotta post pics w/without drool on it
    Absolutely! We have to know!

Side note, Dateline NBC aired a segment last night about a case in MA, the murder weapon was a 6 inch Colt Diamondback .22 LR. The defendant stole the gun from a relative, they didn't say if it was returned after the trial.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Crunch View Post
    Absolutely! We have to know!

Side note, Dateline NBC aired a segment last night about a case in MA, the murder weapon was a 6 inch Colt Diamondback .22 LR. The defendant stole the gun from a relative, they didn't say if it was returned after the trial.
    That was the entwistle murder case he shot his baby and wife with father in laws gun then returned the gun to father in laws house then caught a plane to england where he is from.His defense was wife killed daughter she was cuddling in bed then committed suicide,but to preserve her honor instead of calling police he returned gun to FIL's house and went to england to be comforted by his parents,his parents actually believe this BS story

Ok guys heres the update the diamondback is still there I'm going monday to check it out. But i got the price wrong its $550 OTD my bad,I got the price confused with a king cobra the same shop has thats the one thats $475. Is this still a good price for this colt? I'll let you guys know the outcome one monday.

buy the frickin gun even at 550 its a steal,from what i can tell the king cobra is about average price

Quote Originally Posted by 1911luver View Post
    Ok guys heres the update the diamondback is still there I'm going monday to check it out. But i got the price wrong its $550 OTD my bad,I got the price confused with a king cobra the same shop has thats the one thats $475. Is this still a good price for this colt? I'll let you guys know the outcome one monday.
    SO HELP ME GOD -- If you tell us that someone else got to this before you did, I'm going to crawl through my modem cable and choke you!!! If you can't get there in the morning, call them 1 minute after they open and tell them you want it. You're makin' me pull my hair out and I don't have any to spare.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

SO HELP ME GOD -- If you tell us that someone else got to this before you did, I'm going to crawl through my modem cable and choke you!!! If you can't get there in the morning, call them 1 minute after they open and tell them you want it. You're makin' me pull my hair out and I don't have any to spare.

Hoss
    I'll pick you up and drive you to his front door

Seriously dude this is a great buy at that price and if I didn't have the cash my wife might be wondering where those diamond earrings went she can't find

Distinguished Member Array Gunnutty's Avatar

Hoss
    you can even tell your wife it is for your continued good health!!!
    We will be much better off when we learn to deal with things as they really are, instead of how we wish them to be!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911luver View Post
    buy the frickin gun even at 550 its a steal,from what i can tell the king cobra is about average price

Hoss
    I'll pick you up and drive you to his front door
    Seriously dude this is a great buy at that price and if I didn't have the cash my wife might be wondering where those diamond earrings went she can't find
    Need any more encouragement? If they're open tonight, GO TONIGHT! If they're open tomorrow, GO TOMORROW! Take the day off if you need to, but GET THAT DIAMONDBACK!!!
    If the public are bound to yield obedience to laws to which they cannot give their approbation, they are slaves to those who make such laws and enforce them.--Samuel Adams as Candidus, Boston Gazette 20 Jan. 1772

Veteran--USA FA
    NRA Benefactor Life
    Tennessee Firearms Association Life

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links