Called SA this morning per XD & XDM Line

This is a discussion on Called SA this morning per XD & XDM Line within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I called SA this morning and talked to Debbie who is a CSR. Asked her if SA was planning to discontinue the XD line in ...

Thread: Called SA this morning per XD & XDM Line

Called SA this morning per XD & XDM Line

I called SA this morning and talked to Debbie who is a CSR. Asked her if SA was planning to discontinue the XD line in the advent of the XD-M line and she assured me that SA has no intentions of dropping the XD line. Also asked her if SA had plans for the XD-M regarding 9mm & .45acp she said they do but not until 2009 and she would not reveal which caliber. So, appearently SA is just expanding upon the XD Line to include the XD-M which is cool by me!

Dave

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Why Thank You my Good Man. This makes me Happy too. Let me dance with YOU.

Maybe I should rent one. The only .40 I ever shot was a Glock 27 and I didn't like the muzzle flip. I don't know how big a difference there would be in an XDM.

Anyone near Phoenix got one and want to go shooting? Even an XD would give me an idea. I'll even buy the ammo

Holdcard
    If You Want To POPULATE Heaven
    You Have To PLUNDER Hell!!

4th Man Ministries

I hope they are going to make a 9mm model. I would really like a 9mm XD type pistol with 20 rd flush fitting magazines. I figure if you can put 16 .40 cal rounds in a magazine you should be able to fit 20 9mm rounds.

I will be willing to bet that the 9mm along with the .45acp will be in the offering, just don't know offhand what the mag capacity would be but again willing to bet it would be alot!!!

VIP Member
    Holdcard. I wish we lived closer. You could shoot my XD-9. Alot of people shot it already, GREAT Pistol and spot on. Great picture with your Daugther. Good Luck.

I really like my XDM a lot but would probably be giddy if they announced a .45acp version. I will own that one very soon after release. I love my XD45 but the grip is just a tad large for my small hands. The XDM grip is perfect for me. Even if all they could do is keep it at 13+1 that would be fine with me with the match grade barrel, new trigger (which I like a lot now that Ive smoothed it out some with trigger time at the range), and interchangeable backstraps.

Quote Originally Posted by ccman View Post
    Holdcard. I wish we lived closer. You could shoot my XD-9. Alot of people shot it already, GREAT Pistol and spot on. Great picture with your Daugther. Good Luck.
    Ahhh, you made my day. Actually that's my grand daughter

As far as the XD goes, I have a XD45 service model and love it. It's my daily carry and I shoot well with it. I was wondering more about the recoil on the .40. I've been a .45 guy for a long time now and am more comfortable with that caliber than anything else.

Holdcard
    If You Want To POPULATE Heaven
    You Have To PLUNDER Hell!!

4th Man Ministries

VIP Member
    Ahhh, you made my day. Actually that's my grand daughter

I'm glad I made your day. I will be in the same boat soon. My Daugher is having a Baby in September. A Girl as well.

It was a long time since I shot the XD-40 my Buddy had. I can't help on that one. Do a search, there is a XD site out there. Good Luck with it.
    Last edited by ccman; June 27th, 2008 at 11:54 PM. Reason: spelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    I called SA this morning and talked to Debbie who is a CSR. Asked her if SA was planning to discontinue the XD line in the advent of the XD-M line and she assured me that SA has no intentions of dropping the XD line. Also asked her if SA had plans for the XD-M regarding 9mm & .45acp she said they do but not until 2009 and she would not reveal which caliber. So, appearently SA is just expanding upon the XD Line to include the XD-M which is cool by me!

Dave
    I got to hold an XD-M the other day and have to say, Me Likey!

Spriengfield really seems to be on a roll with the XD line this year. The XD-M, the .45 with a thunmb safety for any possible military trials since the Navy, Air Force and Marines want to go back to a .45acp gun.

If Gaston Glock wasn't such a stubborn, pig headed old fuddy duddy ( don't flame me, I carry a G23 and I love Glocks in general) who refuses to do almost anything to redesign or make improvements to his guns, he wouldn't be losing market share to the XD an an nearly exponential rate right now.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    I'm just going to wait for the 9mm version.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

Why Thank You my Good Man. This makes me Happy too. Let me dance with YOU.
    +1
    I'll be waiting for the 9mm ver.

Me likes to dance too!
    XD9sc w/CT Laser Grip
    SIGSauer P226SCT (New! w/22lr Conversion)
    S&W 5906
    BERETTA 92FS
    BERSA T380 - RUGER Single Six .22

Quote Originally Posted by Holdcard View Post
    Maybe I should rent one. The only .40 I ever shot was a Glock 27 and I didn't like the muzzle flip. I don't know how big a difference there would be in an XDM.

Anyone near Phoenix got one and want to go shooting? Even an XD would give me an idea. I'll even buy the ammo

Holdcard
    If you get up to the Denver, CO area, just give me a yell and we can go to the range with my XD40. I have an after market 9 mm barrel for it as well, so we could compare the 40 to the 9.

Ron

Do a search, there is a XD site out there. Good Luck with it.
    XDTalk Forums - Your HS2000/SA-XD Information Source! - Powered by vBulletin
    Sean
    XD 9SC | XD 45ACP Service | XD 45ACP Compact |Borealis
    "You may know where you are. God may know where you are. If you don't tell your dispatcher where you are, you'd better be on speaking terms with God!"

Links