Need help with next CZ

Need help with next CZ

This is a discussion on Need help with next CZ within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I could use some input on my next CZ purchase. I have a Rami for ccw but would like to get a range gun. I ...

Thread: Need help with next CZ

Need help with next CZ

I could use some input on my next CZ purchase. I have a Rami for ccw but would like to get a range gun. I had a 75 but even with the alum grips it was a bit to large for my small hands. I really wanted to try the Phantom but I don't think I can wait to see if they will release it in the US, so my choices are either the P01 or the SP01. It is my understanding that the SP01 has a smaller trigger reach than the 75, I have held the P01 which fits my hand perfect, but would like the extra lenth of barrel on the SP. I'm not the best shot so every little bit helps. Any thoughts?
    Thanks

next cz

Not sure what your next cz should be. I have a 75BD and just put a Rami 9mm on layaway. Don't want to hijack the thread but I'm interested in how you like the Rami for carry. I'm carrying a Kahr CW9 and the Rami may replace it for EDC. BTW I considered a P01 but decided it was too big for me for carry.

If I had to vote I'd say the P01 for your next.

VIP Member
    I have a RAMI .40 cal that is my back up carry gun, P-06 is my primary carry. Both have been 100% reliable for me. I also own a P-01 which likewise is 100% reliable. Haven't handled a SP-01 so can't really comment on the feel of it. I would recommend to P-01 with no hesitation.

I agree

+1 for the P-01 for range and carry, I am no expert marksmsn but I tried went over to my father-in-law's property and while shooting decided to try for the 55 gallon drum he set to zero in at 100 yards...and punched through it with 12 of 15 rounds sent to it. At 30 yards it will chew the top rim of 55 gallon drums all day. I hope this helps!

Searn

If you get a chance, pick up a P-06, see how it fits.

I have 3 cz's - CZ-75C, 2075 RAMI (both 9mm) and a CZ Dan Wesson 1911 Classic Bobtail Commander. Sooooo I would say - pick up a CBOB....lol.....

So many lovely CZ options to choose from, so little recreation fund to go around.

For a carry piece, I would look first to one of the compact models, then maybe a step up to the Semi-Compact, and finally one of the full-size models in a polycoat finish. I find the 2075 RAMI just a touch small for my mitts, and the CZ97B is a monster to pack around on your hip (at least I feel like I'm listing to starboard).
    Last edited by Cliff47; July 14th, 2008 at 07:40 PM. Reason: Speling correction

You might also want to check out the CZ-75 PCR. Great 9mm, not to heavy, and so easy to handle.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

I'm going to send you a message about your location within Florida, perhaps a little range time may help out your decision...

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff47 View Post
    So many lovely CZ options to choose from, so little recreation funds to go around.
    Guys, what's your opinion on the CZ-40B as a carry piece? It certainly qualifies as a good range gun and the price is right. I already have its sibling - the 40P: aka frankengun. I too like the P-06, PCR's and 75c's.

Warmon

Pretty easy call since the 75 Compact is the best gun ever made.
    Freedom of speech does not excuse one from freedom of thought.

CZ P-01, here. It's my carry gun, but also does well at the range. At 7.2" in length, it's no slouch at longer-distance shooting, though that's not really its design goal. I would highly recommend it, if it fits well and you're looking to stay CZ.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Warmon View Post
    Guys, what's your opinion on the CZ-40B as a carry piece? It certainly qualifies as a good range gun and the price is right. I already have its sibling - the 40P: aka frankengun. I too like the P-06, PCR's and 75c's.

Warmon
    40B should work alright for a carry gun. No different than carrying a full size 1911, only 40 cal.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

For a range gun I wouldn't go further than the 40B. A friend of mine just picked one up and says it is amazing. He loves the grip angle and size of the gun...very 1911-like. As we all know CDNN has them for about $289 NIB. Don't think you can beat that.

Links