Bought a Glock 21

This is a discussion on Bought a Glock 21 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Some of you might have read in my other thread that I was thinking of getting a glock 20 model(10mm), for now I bought a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bought a Glock 21

Bought a Glock 21

Some of you might have read in my other thread that I was thinking of getting a glock 20 model(10mm), for now I bought a glock 21(45 ACP), one of my friends had it with only box of ammo shot through it and came with 3 magazines and night sights on it. It was a deal I couldn't turn down. Just wondered who in here has a 21 and how they like it. Seems like alot of people have said it is too big for them, I do not have huge hands, but it seems to fit perfect to me. Just wanted to see what anyones experience with the 21 was.

2. Remove Ads

Good for you. Is this the new 21SF? Neither the G21 or G30 worked well for my carry practices. The grip I guess was a bit too big and the G21 wasn't exactly a concealable pistol for my needs and the G30 a bit top/front heavy in my book--had them a couple of years before selling/trading both. My G30 recently went for my current Sig P220 and I couldn't be happier. I carry all of my pistols-no safe queens or 'range' guns. The G21 is a good reliable pistol with a hefty capacity of 13+1 45acp, but not for everyone. I know the new SF models have come out, but I'm actually looking elsewhere for my 45acp pistols for my own reasons. Always been a Glock fan though. Still got plenty of them in 9mm and 40S&W.

I have a g30 that I have been contemplating trading in for a 21sf. The grip is ok for me but not as good as on the 27/17/19 that I have. I handled a 21sf next to a g20 and g17 awhile back and was impressed with the smaller grip. I got the 30 to carry but I don't carry it as often as the 19 and 27 so it has been hanging out for awhile in the safe.
    How much did you pay for your new 21?
    Benjamin Franklin once said, "he that would supplant a little liberty for a little safety deserves neither".

Nice pistol and congrats.

I am looking at the Glock 30 SF for myself.
    God bless our troops!

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    I shot it. I do not have large hands either, but it seemed to fit me quite nicely.

I personally feel this is a better caliber. The ammo is more readily available and much cheaper. Recoil isn't that bad, either. Probably less than the 10mm.

Enjoy your new toy. Oh, and if you would like to have me tag along and "help" you break it in, you just let me know.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

I have a G21 and a G30, and like them both. I occasionally carry the 21 during the winter heavy clothing months.

Have fun with it!
    There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.--RAH

...man fights with his mind; the weapons are incidental.--Jeff Cooper

There is a reason they try and make small bullets act like big bullets--Glockmann10mm

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Good for you. Is this the new 21SF? Neither the G21 or G30 worked well for my carry practices. The grip I guess was a bit too big and the G21 wasn't exactly a concealable pistol for my needs and the G30 a bit top/front heavy in my book--had them a couple of years before selling/trading both. My G30 recently went for my current Sig P220 and I couldn't be happier. I carry all of my pistols-no safe queens or 'range' guns. The G21 is a good reliable pistol with a hefty capacity of 13+1 45acp, but not for everyone. I know the new SF models have come out, but I'm actually looking elsewhere for my 45acp pistols for my own reasons. Always been a Glock fan though. Still got plenty of them in 9mm and 40S&W.

Actually it is the regular G21, I was suprised from what others say that it is way too big for them, the grip that is. I have average sized hands but this is the best feeling gun I have owned. Plus add to the fact it came with the night sights on it, two 10 round magazines and one 13 round. It was my bosses gun at work, only have a box of 50 rounds through it, and at $450, I couldn't say no. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by exactlymypoint View Post
    I shot it. I do not have large hands either, but it seemed to fit me quite nicely.

I personally feel this is a better caliber. The ammo is more readily available and much cheaper. Recoil isn't that bad, either. Probably less than the 10mm.

Enjoy your new toy. Oh, and if you would like to have me tag along and "help" you break it in, you just let me know.

LOL I am for sure going to break it in around the fourth of July, fireworks and guns! Isn't America great!
    "If ever time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."

Samuel Adams

B52
    I have it's little brother a Glock30 and love it. Last friday I bought my wife a Glock26 and now she is hooked. Great gun, a 21 is on my list...

I have a 21 and i don't have big hands. Great gun to shoot, accurate too.
    I will carry mine in my inside pocket of my leather vest while riding my motorcycle. Theres something very comforting about having that pistol weight there.
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

Quote Originally Posted by artz View Post
    I have a 21 and i don't have big hands. Great gun to shoot, accurate too.
    I will carry mine in my inside pocket of my leather vest while riding my motorcycle. Theres something very comforting about having that pistol weight there.
    Yeah I love it, I might have to get a smaller one to conceal in the summertime, but wintertime it will be easier to hide with the extra clothes. But for now when I am out in t-shirt and shorts, I have my little pocket gun for now.
    "If ever time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."

Samuel Adams

Oh--the grip fit me perfectly as well and balance-second to none. I guess some of the problem for me relied in the fact I'd have to totally rearrange my grip to hit the mag release considering a one hand hold. Obviously Glock listens to their customers since they did come out with the 21SF. Manufacturers would seldom do this without a large projected sales base. Glad it works for you.

I have a Sig 220 and the Glock 30 and carry the Glock 30 when I don't pocket carry my 638. I like the constant trigger action on the Glock compared to the Sig. Glock 30, my favorite .45.

Joe

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    I have a G21 SF. I'm carrying it right now in a MTAC. Carries easily in that holster.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Quote Originally Posted by TX Husker Fan View Post
    Some of you might have read in my other thread that I was thinking of getting a glock 20 model(10mm), for now I bought a glock 21(45 ACP), one of my friends had it with only box of ammo shot through it and came with 3 magazines and night sights on it. It was a deal I couldn't turn down. Just wondered who in here has a 21 and how they like it. Seems like alot of people have said it is too big for them, I do not have huge hands, but it seems to fit perfect to me. Just wanted to see what anyones experience with the 21 was.
    My duty weapon is the G21. I carry it off-duty most of the time IWB in a Desantis holster and I haven't had an issue with concealment, other than approx. 2 weeks when the wife and I were car shopping and I wore a cover garment for walking around looking at cars, not sitting down and working a deal. That said, the person who made me was a former Fed. LEO. I carry it off-duty because I have no other choice as I am still waiting for my firearm ID/handgun purchase permit to come back. Going on 5 months now. . If I had a choice, the G21 would be my winter carry and the G30 for summer carry. As far as fit goes, the G21 fits me very well, but I have pretty big hands. But I think the OP got a very good deal on an excellent weapon.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links