Sig Sauer P6

This is a discussion on Sig Sauer P6 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Yep, pirate, sounds like the original P6 barrel. They are getting cleaned up for resale, but I don't know by whom. It may just be ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sig Sauer P6

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    Yep, pirate, sounds like the original P6 barrel. They are getting cleaned up for resale, but I don't know by whom. It may just be that SIG only makes the P225 barrels now, so if they get replaced at all it is with the newer barrel.

I have seen this explanation a couple of places (a few threads on SIGforum and THR, IIRC), and some people have definitely gotten the P225 barrel in their P6s. I haven't looked that closely at mine yet because it is just a range gun.
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

2. Remove Ads

My buddy just picked up one of those. They are pretty sweet and I may have to get one for myself. They are going for $350 at a local shop here. :)

Wht
    “They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security” Benjamin Franklin
    I'm not pro gun, I'm pro rights. What are you?

NRA
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by aznav View Post
    I have a new owb German Police holster (very stiff leather) for the 225 if anyone wants it. Just pay for shipping. Say, $7? First dibs on this thread gets it BUT confirm with me on my email: aznav@comcast.net. Personal check is fine. No Paypal. Of course, email your name and address.
    Dibs is no one already has.
    “They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security” Benjamin Franklin
    I'm not pro gun, I'm pro rights. What are you?

NRA
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kazzaerexys View Post
    Yep, pirate, sounds like the original P6 barrel. They are getting cleaned up for resale, but I don't know by whom. It may just be that SIG only makes the P225 barrels now, so if they get replaced at all it is with the newer barrel.

I have seen this explanation a couple of places (a few threads on SIGforum and THR, IIRC), and some people have definitely gotten the P225 barrel in their P6s. I haven't looked that closely at mine yet because it is just a range gun.
    I did a price check on 225 barrels and Midway has them for $199......whooo, not me, I only paid $299 for the P6 and its just a project gun for me and since I own around 8 handguns disignated and "field tested" for CCW, I will just find some ball ammo or some HP that will feed and stick with that. I am a decent "home gunsmith" (but who knows his limitations) so I may do some work on the feed ramp and see how it goes.
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

Administrator
    I heard a lot of reports that slicking up the feed ramp goes a long ways in the feeding dept... but that second and third hand info, I haven't done it myself.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I heard a lot of reports that slicking up the feed ramp goes a long ways in the feeding dept... but that second and third hand info, I haven't done it myself.
    Unfortunately, that could result in more harm than good. Consult with a SIG gunsmith prior to any polishing or dremeling the feedramp.

Prior to June 14, 1989, the feedramp was manufactured at a 52 degree angle. After that date, the angle was increased to 54 degrees which improved the feeding of the JHP.
    225th SAC "Phantom Hawk" - US Army - Vietnam 1969-70

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    It does. If you lightly break the lower edge of the chamber-ramp interface using a fine Cratex rubber abrasive rod, your worries will disappear.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawker View Post
    Unfortunately, that could result in more harm than good. Consult with a SIG gunsmith prior to any polishing or dremeling the feedramp.
    Well... I am one. I just never have done this particular project myself, and want those who want to take on the job themselves to proceed with caution.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kazzaerexys View Post
    3.86"
    Dang I would have to get a new barrel over 4"

I saw these first advertised in Shotgun News. My questions have been answered now. I just don't know about a single stack 9mm, but for the price-one can't go wrong. Congratulations on your new piece. Have fun, be safe.
    http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...light=Sig+P225

Quote Originally Posted by pirate View Post
    The barrel on my P6 has a matching serial number to the slide and frame. So if the original P6 barrel was replaced with a 225 barrels I would think the serial numbers would not match. Since these are W, German police trade-ins, who would be replacing the barrels? I doubt the importers would, not at the price point these guns sale for.
    Actually they started changed the design of the P6 barrels during their course of production...so some of the older P6s with matching numbers may have a 147gr hollowpoint feeding "issue" while some of the later models P6s with matching numbers have the new updated (P225 style) feedramp and will have no such issue. There are side by side pictures somewhere out there so that you can identify which barrel/feedramp you have. I'll try to find it. edit here you go:

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    I had a P6 with the feed problems. The barrel on mine was loose, and when the barrel moved the rounded end on the ramp would catch the HP ammo. Ball ammo fed just fine. The real problem is that with the barrel so loose, it was very inaccurate. Sometimes it wouldn't even hit the paper. Luckily the gun shop had a good return policy.

Keep in mind, this was an extreme problem and most P6's don't have problems that bad. Yes, quite a few of them have feed issues with HP. But they're still accurate. They're a nice little gun if you get a good one.

JD
    Administrator
    I've been eyeballing a 225 at the local shop for a while...I hate you all, in a kind, gentle manner.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    I've been eyeballing a 225 at the local shop for a while...I hate you all, in a kind, gentle manner.
    They are very nice shootin/carryin pistol JD. Why is it that I like all the out of production Sigs the best?
    "Just blame Sixto"

Senior Moderator
    Because you are a glutton for punishment ?

I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links