Sig Sauer P6

Sig Sauer P6

This is a discussion on Sig Sauer P6 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; You have to like it when you get an outstanding deal on a high quality firearm. Not to bad for $315 total for gun, shipping ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sig Sauer P6

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar

Sig Sauer P6

You have to like it when you get an outstanding deal on a high quality firearm. Not to bad for $315 total for gun, shipping and transfer fee.

The pistol is a Sig P6, which is basically a Sig P225 made for the West German Police (trade-in). This gun is mechanically almost 100% with just some slight holster wear on the edges of the slide. Great value for a Sig. I applied a Duracoat finish to the gun and I have already ordered some wood grips from Dennis Marschalko. If they looks as good as my CZ82 and Hi Power grips this project will be highly successful I think. The package came with 2 mags, unusual German police holster, 3 leather mag holders and a little Sig cleaning kit, and the orginal box. If it shoots as good as it looks I will be very pleased.

http://www.marschalgrips.com/i...kered

When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

Very nice. Looks like you got a great deal.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

How big is the P-6?? is it the same as the 226 ? & what company advertised them for sale?
    Thanks for the info....

Senior Moderator
    Great pics. I've got one and I love it.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by 588 View Post
    How big is the P-6?? is it the same as the 226 ? & what company advertised them for sale?
    Thanks for the info....
    I ordered this gun online at Dan's Sporting Goods, and had it shipped to my local FFL for transfer, but he is out of them now. Many of the larger vendors like AIM, J&G and SOG have had them but are now backordered, but all these vendors will be getting some in soon. An great deal of gun for the money. Its kind of the "Commander size" to the SIG 220.

AIM will be getting some in real soon and selling them for $269.
    AIM Sig Sauer P225/P6 9mm Pistol Sig Sauer P225/P6 9mm Pistol

here are the specs....BBL Length: 3.9”, Overall: 7.1", Weight: 26.1 ozs.
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

Lead Moderator
    Looks great!
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Quote Originally Posted by rocky View Post
    Looks great!
    +1.
    God bless our troops!

The SIG 225 is an outstanding gun. I've owned one for many years and it is the perfect carry piece.

The P6 is not exactly the same. The feedramp is different and there have been many discussions about the failure to reliably feed hollow point ammo. If it's just a range gun with ball ammo...no problem. If you are going to use it for personal defense... make sure you run 3-400 rounds of your personal defense ammo through it with no problems. Don't go larger than 124 gr. Go to the Sigforum for more info on this issue. Or better yet...call Sigarms (now Sig Sauer in Exeter, NH) for their opinion.
    225th SAC "Phantom Hawk" - US Army - Vietnam 1969-70

Administrator
    That looks like a fine example of a P6. I've been wanting to get one for a project gun, I need another project like I need an extra hole in my head.
    "Just blame Sixto"

The p6 is essentially a single stack p228/229. All who have them seem to be very impressed.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Distinguished Member
    I have a new owb German Police holster (very stiff leather) for the 225 if anyone wants it. Just pay for shipping. Say, $7? First dibs on this thread gets it BUT confirm with me on my email: aznav@comcast.net. Personal check is fine. No Paypal. Of course, email your name and address.
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Eccl. 10:2

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawker View Post
    The P6 is not exactly the same. The feedramp is different and there have been many discussions about the failure to reliably feed hollow point ammo.
    The difference is entirely in the barrel. Apparently a lot of the P6s, when they got cleaned up for resale, got P225 barrels if they were too shot out. So you might be getting a P225, even if it says P6 on the side.

The only way to find out, of course, is to try some JHPs and see if they work! Of course, if you have feed problems, the P225 barrel is a drop-in replacement.
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    How long are the 225 barrels?

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post
    How long are the 225 barrels?
    3.86"
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

Quote Originally Posted by kazzaerexys View Post
    The difference is entirely in the barrel. Apparently a lot of the P6s, when they got cleaned up for resale, got P225 barrels if they were too shot out. So you might be getting a P225, even if it says P6 on the side.

The only way to find out, of course, is to try some JHPs and see if they work! Of course, if you have feed problems, the P225 barrel is a drop-in replacement.
    The barrel on my P6 has a matching serial number to the slide and frame. So if the original P6 barrel was replaced with a 225 barrels I would think the serial numbers would not match. Since these are W, German police trade-ins, who would be replacing the barrels? I doubt the importers would, not at the price point these guns sale for.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links