Another BOB-C.A.T.

This is a discussion on Another BOB-C.A.T. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This one has the full BOB-C.A.T. package (carry and tactical ) Heinie straight 8s EGW innards Barrel crown Match bushing Frame to slide tightening 4 ...

Thread: Another BOB-C.A.T.

Another BOB-C.A.T.

This one has the full BOB-C.A.T. package (carry and tactical)

Heinie straight 8s
    EGW innards
    Barrel crown
    Match bushing
    Frame to slide tightening
    4 lb trigger
    Front strap stippling
    Snakeskin MSH
    Custom cut grips to match
    Full reliability tuning and range test

I will be getting the slide back to do a 40 LPI serration to match the sight later on. I also blend the edges of the serrations because they can snag and pull on clothes if you leave the "teeth" on the edge of the rear of the slide.
    Also it had the vertical serrations on the front strap. There is plenty of metal there so I took off the serrations and re-profiled the front and undercut the trigger a bit more. Makes the trigger reach a lot better and more comfortable. Not so blocky on the front strap profile.

The only thing that you will see on this pistol is that it was not cleaned for these pics and the frame has been media satin blasted but not refinished. The customer is going to wait and make up his mind about finish and color. And he can paint so he may try it himself. All it takes is an air brush and some time. My favorite paint on finish bar none is Duracoat and I have tried them all.

Enjoy
    Jess

[IMG]http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g307/ontarget1911/IMG_0023copy-1.jpg[/IMG
    "Whenever a strong man, fully armed and equipped, is guarding his own castle, he enjoys peaceful possession of his property" Luke 11:21ontarget1911@gmail.com
    OnTarget LLC Custom Gunworks
    http://www.ontargetcgw.com

2. Remove Ads

wow looks great! Is this your personal firearm or one of your customers?

Adam

Sorry. Customer. Local LEO. I also have several pics of them on my website. I once posted here that I thought you all might be getting sick of seeing my bobtails as I have done literally dozens of them now. But the deal is that I was going through some health issues with my back that required surgery and recently a divorce. So I had to move the shop and get going again. And I was not taking anymore work for a while until I got a little more caught up. The good news is that my back is wonderful now and the decks are clear enough that I can actually start taking some new work in. I hope to get back up to the same production levels that I was at before TSHTF.
    So I guess I am hinting that if anyone needs some work done give me a holler!

Jess
    "Whenever a strong man, fully armed and equipped, is guarding his own castle, he enjoys peaceful possession of his property" Luke 11:21ontarget1911@gmail.com

Wonderful 1911 bobtail, I am surprised that more manufacturers don't offer one.
    God bless our troops!

Quite honestly I am glad that they don't. It keeps food on my table.

Jess

What does the basic bobtail job cost including parts, without refinishing?
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Nice work!
    Great looking pistola...

Stay armed...with quality...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
    What does the basic bobtail job cost including parts, without refinishing?
    You can get the price off of my website but generally $80 labor and $75-85 for the bobtail housing depending on the style and texture. If you don't have an FFL to ship it to you then the round trip shipping is about $100 for overnight with insurance both ways.
    That is why I suggest that you get some other work done like a trigger job and replacing the MIM parts with the good stuff. Trigger work is about $75.00 and the parts are about $80.00. This one as Heinie sights and those run about $125. The stippling on the frong strap is $100.00. It all depends on what you want. I give package discounts and also a very good discount for anyone that is in law enforcment, military or any job that involves public service. I even gave a discount to a local paramedic with a carry pernit. Best thing to do is send me an email with what you might want and then I can send you an official quote and that way you know exacty what you are going to get and what it will cost. Thanks for asking. I usually don't give prices on the forums but this place is home and I figure people will want to know about what this kind of work costs.

Jess

Links