What to get?

This is a discussion on What to get? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Put the money down towards the XD, don't settle for anything else or you will be second guessing youself and never be happy with any ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What to get?

Put the money down towards the XD, don't settle for anything else or you will be second guessing youself and never be happy with any deal.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 588 View Post
    Put the money down towards the XD, don't settle for anything else or you will be second guessing youself and never be happy with any deal.
    Agreed. You are less than $200 away from a brand new XD9. If the SC is more money, go for the Compact instead.

Remember . . . . Glocks suck. XD's rock! (poking fun here at the Block guys)
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    They took care of you on the 10/22, thats more than the new wholesale price.
    It had a tapco t-6 stock otherwise i dont think they would have givin me much more than 100 for it.
    I have never really liked the feel of a glock just seems off every time i shoot one of my friends

I took my Pro 140 out today and ran 100 rounds through it. Flawless and happy with the buy. thought it would be a bit rough on my hands with the .40 cal but im fine. stripped and cleaned it now just to find a place that sells some nice hollow points

Go revolver. You might want to look around for a quality .38, .357, or (if you are feeling lucky punk), a .44.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBeamon View Post
    Are there any nice 3" guns out there that are 9mm or .40 for around that price and about the same feeling as a XD?
    I did get to handle a S&W Sigma today but it did feel a bit odd
    Shot an XD9 sub and a Kahr CW-9 side by side the other day at the range. Both are great for concealed carry, and I was surprised that the recoil on the CW-9 was quite manageable. Both were very accurate at 7 yards (the long pull on the CW-9 takes a bit getting used to; despite what Kahr says, it's actually a DAO). I've put about 300 rounds through my CW-9 since, and have started carrying it everywhere I go. So if you're looking for an easily-concealed handgun, you could probably pick up a CW-9 for $400 or a bit less.

Why wait?

Wow. Hard choice. My vote would be for a Sig 229 used or an XD used. My personal favorite right now is the Smith M&P but a little outside of your price range. Also another personal favorite is any of the CZs. Great gun for the money and just outside of your price range. I like the P-01 in 9MM.

Jess
    "Whenever a strong man, fully armed and equipped, is guarding his own castle, he enjoys peaceful possession of his property" Luke 11:21ontarget1911@gmail.com
    OnTarget LLC Custom Gunworks
    http://www.ontargetcgw.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links