Defensive Carry banner

Glock Mag Question

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  fatboy97 
#1 ·
Hey guys, so I have a G33 (.357SIG), with 3 mags. I bought a 9mm conversion barrel and a 9mm mag to save $ at the range. In my opinion the 9mm is very similar to the .357 when shooting, but it doesn't cost $1 a round! So I wanted to practice reloading from the belt yesterday to brush up on my skills (god forbid I would ahve to reload in a tactical situation!), and it was getting expensive using the .357, but I cant use the 9mm because I only have one 9mm mag. SO, I know that this may not have been the smartest move, but I put a couple 9mm bullets in the G33 .357 mag "just to see what would happen". They fit, and the gun cycled normally. Is it a "bad idea" or is it harmful or dangerous to load my .357 mags with 9mm for practicing? Anybody with extensive glock knowledge please chime in on this one. It worked fine, but I am wondering if it is smart? Thanks!

#4 ·
Interesting!

#8 ·
What is interesting? The fact that the .357sig worked perfectly in the 9mm mags, or the fact that I would have to ask such a question after owning a Glock for 4 years?
What do you think? The fact that the .357sig worked perfectly in the 9mm mags. I'd venture to bet that if you do this extensively, you may end up wearing your followers where they may not feed the .357 100%. Now---that's just a wild guess on my part, and I don't mean to elicit any feelings of paranoia here as to what or about what I'm talking about.

#10 ·
If the Glock 33 is a range gun only... I would say go with what works.

If the Glock 33 is your carry gun... personally, I would not do it because of the chance of a malfunction with your primary .357SIG ammo.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.