In celebration of the Heller verdict....

This is a discussion on In celebration of the Heller verdict.... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I picked up another J frame. I got a nice, gently used S&W 360PD with laser grips. That's a Scandium 5 shot 357mag. I'm enjoying ...

I picked up another J frame. I got a nice, gently used S&W 360PD with laser grips. That's a Scandium 5 shot 357mag. I'm enjoying the novelty of having a .357 that weighs less than my cell phone. My current EDC is a 442, so this isn't much of a stretch, although recoil with full house ammo is even more wicked. My friend at the gun shop made me try it out first...said he wouldn't sell it to me if I couldn't put 5 shots into the head box at 7 yards.

Senior Moderator
    AND..... how did you do..lol?

Aren't they great? I carry a 360PD quite often now and I really like how light it is. You're right, with the weight being less than some wallets it makes for such a pleasurable carrying experience.

Good for you and congrats on the great purchase!

Way to go!

So, I wonder just how many of us purchased a "Heller gun"? I got my Model 29, and will always remember the date of purchase!
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

I got a colt cold cup. Can never have too mant 1911's

No "Heller gun" for me...

But I did manage to take my wife to the gun club to shoot my pistol. Considering she used to recoil at the mere sight of the thing, that's fairly significant.

-JT

I recently picked up a SIG P239/.40 as my hot weather EDC...woo hoo!!
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

VIP Member

I celebrated the Heller verdict by....

That evening, after the verdict, I went outside (rural) and fired off 6 rounds from my Colt Defender. I retrieved all six empty cartridges and saved them. I have a grandson now, and one day, I'll give him one of the empty cartridges with a handwritten note from me inspiring him to support our 2A rights during his life time. I'm saving the other 5 empties to give to future grandchildren.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post
    That evening, after the verdict, I went outside (rural) and fired off 6 rounds from my Colt Defender. I retrieved all six empty cartridges and saved them. I have a grandson now, and one day, I'll give him one of the empty cartridges with a handwritten note from me inspiring him to support our 2A rights during his life time. I'm saving the other 5 empties to give to future grandchildren.
    I didn't fire off any rounds or buy any new guns, but I went to my loading bench and loaded up 100 rounds of .45, and 20 rounds of 30-06, all with bright and shinny brass (the rifle brass was new, the .45 at least once fired). I was planning on using the rifle rounds as a testing rounds to find a good load, but now am wondering if I shouldn't set them aside as "The Heller Ruling Rounds"
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

Links