Feeling/Opinions on a XD9

This is a discussion on Feeling/Opinions on a XD9 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've got a Para P-12, G-23 and an XD9sc as well as others. If you're wanting to know about the XD9, I love mine. I ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Feeling/Opinions on a XD9

I've got a Para P-12, G-23 and an XD9sc as well as others.

If you're wanting to know about the XD9, I love mine. I have no qualms carrying a 9mm. I've mainly had .45's, .40's, .357's but I totally trust 9mm too.

I love the XD platform and love my sub compact. Small with a fist full of ammo. Works as good if not better than my Glock.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar
    I really like my THREE XD's I have.
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by SelfDefense View Post
    I, also, decided between the XD9 and XD40 as my last candidates. I chose the XD9 SC for two reasons. Easier for me to get follow up shots on target and the price of ammo.

Either way, you can't go wrong.
    +1 on the above. I wouldn't trade my XD9SC for anything...well, not for another pistol, any way
    "Bad spellers of the world - untie!"

DAV Life member, NRA Life member

Springfield XD 9mm Sub-Compact
    Taurus PT111 Millennium Pro 9mm

Senior Member Array Natureboypkr's Avatar
    I have the XD-40, and I put Hornady, Ferderal, White Box Wichester from Walmart, Magtech, and Remington through it so far and never had any problems.
    Mixed Martial Arts Record= 2-0.......Kyokushin Karate Record=5-0

USMC.....helping enemies of America die for their countries since 1775

I have the XD-45 Service and I love it. It feels and performs better than my brother's 9mm Glock...IMHO...

Haven't tried the XD in 9mm but the majority of people who have one love it. Rent one at the range and see if you like it. Price is pretty good too.

Administrator
    I'll go against the grain here... I don't like the XD's at all, but if I was inclined to purchase one, it would be the 9mm service.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I would also suggest the 9mm, for the cost of ammo. You should have at least one 9mm.
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Quote Originally Posted by rodc13 View Post
    I would also suggest the 9mm, for the cost of ammo. You should have at least one 9mm.
    You are right about that one. I really need to get me one just to have it.

I have several Springfields, XD's and 1911 types, all are magazine fed, very fast pistol, no problems, Xd's are fast on target, XD's also have many extras available (for purchase) to add on them. One of the most dependable guns on the market today (priced good also).
    On choice 9mm or 40cal.? 9mm has less recoil but, the 40 hits closer to a .45,
    40 is slower than 9mm, over longe range 40 not quite as accurate as 9mm. 40 recoil little stronger than 9mm but,then again it his harder, tough chioce, buy the 9mm, next time buy the .40 build up a collection (slowly).
    PS-not much for Glocks

Quote Originally Posted by Natureboypkr View Post
    You are right about that one. I really need to get me one just to have it.
    That's my trouble. I want at least one each of everything! Last month, I picked up a Browning Hi-Power so I'd have a 9mm handgun of my own, and it's one I've just always wanted. Last weekend I grabbed an M29 .44 mag. I'm at about 1 gun/month these days.

It might be a matter of availability, or just whatever suits your fancy on a particular day. I've heard very good things about the XD. I was talking to my gunsmith yesterday, and he commented about how SA really "did it right." He doesn't like SA, as a company, but he definitely recommends the XD. You won't go wrong no matter which model you choose.
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Quote Originally Posted by rodc13 View Post
    That's my trouble. I want at least one each of everything! Last month, I picked up a Browning Hi-Power so I'd have a 9mm handgun of my own, and it's one I've just always wanted. Last weekend I grabbed an M29 .44 mag. I'm at about 1 gun/month these days.

It might be a matter of availability, or just whatever suits your fancy on a particular day. I've heard very good things about the XD. I was talking to my gunsmith yesterday, and he commented about how SA really "did it right." He doesn't like SA, as a company, but he definitely recommends the XD. You won't go wrong no matter which model you choose.
    Yeah buddy, I own the XD40 and 45acp they are great. The trigger kind of feels like it's a single action. It's very fast and accurate, that's why those are my two main carry pistols.

I know this might be kind of weird, but I have never shot a 9mm pistol before. I've only shot larger caliber pistols and rifles.

Distinguished Member Array snowdoctor's Avatar
    I own many pistols, and I own both the XD 45 and 9 in the service models...but if SHTF, these are the two I would go to...and would actually probably carry the 9mm. I have shot it through 2 different classes, and it was flawless. I am not a .40 fan, just alot of muzzle 'flip' IMO, but an XD in any flavor is quite a quality firearm.
    ----DOC-----

--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--

NRA Certified Instructor--many disciplines

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    XD40SC,...currently my EDC

Mo
    I have a 4" XD-9 and I shoot it better than any other pistol I own. I have a Hogue Hand-All on it which gives it awesome grip and soaks up the minimal recoil. I shoot hot loads like 124 gr +p Double Tap ammo through it and trust it with my life. The trigger has a lot of takeup but it breaks clean every time. About 3000 rounds through it I would guess.

Here it is with a mag equipped with the Arredondo +5 basepad

I've had the XD9service and the XD40sc- both were really great shooters. The wife has a XD9sc and I have a XD45c now and we love them.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links