Feeling/Opinions on a XD9

This is a discussion on Feeling/Opinions on a XD9 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am debating buying one just buy a gun. I have a Para P13 Ltd, G23, and M&P 340 .357. I want something else. I'm ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Feeling/Opinions on a XD9

Feeling/Opinions on a XD9

I am debating buying one just buy a gun. I have a Para P13 Ltd, G23, and M&P 340 .357. I want something else. I'm torn between the XD40, and the XD9. I have had a chance to feel the XD9(and loved it with the extended clip), but not the 40. Does anyone have these variations, and what do they think of them? There are no ranges in the area that offer rental guns so I can test shoot them. Let the opinions fly, I'm kinda anxious to buy another toy..
    I don't try anything...I just do it!

2. Remove Ads

It's a shame you dan't rent several guns an see which fires best for you. I've got the XD9SC and absolutely love it. I've done some glock shooting ad they aren't for me. They're fine guns but don't believe anyone who says that they'll fire everytime no matter what you do to them. The XD has a grip angle that someone got paid a lot of money to make sure it shoots naturally (point shooting, without sights) for the biggest bunch of people possible. It feels like it belongs in my hand and just does whatever I "think" it to do. I don't know enough about the other two you mention to say much, but I did own a smith a while back (908) and even though I didn't know how to clean it right at the time, it never failed me.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

I have the XD40SC. It shoot good!! feel and size is the same. I also love the extended mag when i shoot!! Did you look at the XDM's?

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    I used to have two XD pistols the 45 and 9 Service models. Both shot flawlessly, but for some reason I couldn't shoot the 45 that well, but that was before I sought training. I ended up selling the 45 to purchase my Glock 19. I sold the XD9 to a friend. Anyway, the XD series is good, and will serve you well.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

I own an XD9 4" It's a good shooter and I've put several thousand rounds thru it,I daily carry a 1911
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    I also have the XD-9 4". No hitches with alot of ammo thru it. It feels good and shoots good.

Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    I, also, decided between the XD9 and XD40 as my last candidates. I chose the XD9 SC for two reasons. Easier for me to get follow up shots on target and the price of ammo.

Either way, you can't go wrong.

The XD9 is clip fed?

-JT

My first pistol was an xd40. I can't say anything bad about the gun. Never had a single malfunction and it was fun to shoot. I eventually traded it. Looking back the only complaint I might have about it is that it was a bit top-heavy to me...more so than the other polymers I have shot. I now own M&P's in .40 and 9m and a Glock 30 (as far as polymers go). To me they feel more balanced.

Long story short I think you will be happy with an xd, but as a disclaimer I have to say you might fondle the M&P's in both 9mm and .40 as well.

Matt
    -----------------------
    -SW1911
    -Sig P229
    -M&P 40c
    -Glock 30 SF

Quote Originally Posted by jaymzo View Post
    I am debating buying one just buy a gun. I have a Para P13 Ltd, G23, and M&P 340 .357. I want something else. I'm torn between the XD40, and the XD9. I have had a chance to feel the XD9(and loved it with the extended clip), but not the 40. Does anyone have these variations, and what do they think of them? There are no ranges in the area that offer rental guns so I can test shoot them. Let the opinions fly, I'm kinda anxious to buy another toy..
    Both shoot well, and I love my XD 40. However, because you already have a .45, and 40, and .357, perhaps you need a 9mm to add to your collection.

I have an XD9 Service. Nothing bad to report here. Shoots good and carries easy. I like the grip and trigger safties and the Trijicon sights on mine. I prefer the look and feel of this gun to any of the Glocks I have handled.

Quote Originally Posted by cwblanco View Post
    Both shoot well, and I love my XD 40. However, because you already have a .45, and 40, and .357, perhaps you need a 9mm to add to your collection.

That's kinda what I'm thinking.
    I don't try anything...I just do it!

I've got an XD-9 Server. Over 13,000 rounds down range, and I've got no complaints. Or malfunctions.
    "To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

SIC VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM.

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymzo View Post
    I have an XD 9mm and love the gun. the .40 is also outstanding, 9mm ammo is less expensive, but .40 is supeiror in stoping power, i don't think you can go wrong either way. They are just great handguns for the money.
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

Buy the .40, then get a 9mm comversion barrel. Thats what I did. I might get .357 Sig barrel just for fun. If you get the .40, you can get the smaller barrels. If you get the smaller gun, you can't get the larger barrels. Get the .40 . You can even get a ported conversion barrel if you want. (or threaded if you want a suppressor later)

GunBarrelStore.com: EFK XD Tactical 9mm conversion Barrel

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links