The M&P 45c (compact) is here - Page 2

The M&P 45c (compact) is here

This is a discussion on The M&P 45c (compact) is here within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Thank you for posting the comparison pix, very useful for this or any gun someone is researching....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The M&P 45c (compact) is here

Thank you for posting the comparison pix, very useful for this or any gun someone is researching.
    What Would Gumby Do?

Senior Member Array HowardCohodas's Avatar
    One more picture. I didn't notice originally, but the second magazine included the pinky extension. I think I'll ask S&W for another one.

Howard
    I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop!!
    Politically Incorrect Self Defense

Thanks Howard for the pics! I have the full size and now just gotta have the compact!!! Any noticable muzzle flip between the two?

Quote Originally Posted by onthescrews View Post
    Any noticable muzzle flip between the two?
    Received it Friday. Plan to shoot it for first time on Sunday. I'll report back.
    Howard

I earned my home jury rig badge with my .40c - Piano wire for the mag release spring. *Rock on*

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCohodas View Post
    Received it Friday. Plan to shoot it for first time on Sunday. I'll report back.
    Please do. Very interested in report.

Nice pics above. Thanks!
    A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.
    -- Sigmund Freud

I've actually started looking at the M&P line lately and I may buy a 9 & 45 Compact If I decide to sell my glock 17 and Sigpro 2022 40,I actually fell asleep last night with pictures of the M&P compacts dancing in my head,I need to find a 12 step meeting for gunaholics
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Nice looking gun, would love to try it out.
    Thats one thing you have to give Smith&Wesson and Springfield credit for..they give the people what they want. You want a compact 45..fine..1911 style safety fine..
    " Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master." George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCohodas View Post
    Wow!!! What a fun handgun this is to shoot. Now, keep in mind, I am a relatively inexperienced handgun shooter. The only handguns I've shot in the last 6 months are the M&P 45 FS, the Ruger LCP and now the M&P 45c. The weight and balance (pilots take notice) seems naturally comfortable. For my first outing, about 150 rounds, I actually liked shooting it one-handed, left and right handed, better than two-handed. The flip is noticeably more than full size, but manageable. The comfort of the weapon in the hand seems to keep the return to sight picture close to that of the full size. I need to get some measurements with a timer to compare the two quantitatively, not just qualitatively. Again, I remind everyone that my skill level, or lack thereof, may be masking the results that others may experience.

Can't wait for my next outing. Even thought I intended to practice with my LCP and full size 45 as well, I completely abandoned that plan because I was having too much fun with the 45c.

By the way, the handgun functioned perfectly. Out of the box, the slide lock was hard to activate without pressing on both sides simultaneously. After about 50 rounds, I could operate it one-handed and if felt very smooth. The trigger is grittier and heavier than my full size. I expect that to break-in with lots of dry and live firing.

Sorry for the somewhat unorganized report. Hope to shoot it again this coming weekend. Mom is having heart valve replacement surgery this week, so not much time for fun during the week.
    Howard

Distinguished Member Array LenS's Avatar
    Howard,

What about the gray crud that I (and others) reported on the slide and front sight of the .45 FS? Does that happen the same (or worse) on the .45 Compact??

Thanks and enjoy your new acquisition.

Quote Originally Posted by LenS View Post
    Howard,
    What about the gray crud that I (and others) reported on the slide and front sight of the .45 FS? Does that happen the same (or worse) on the .45 Compact??
    I observe a gray dust accumulating on the white dot of my front sight of my full size 45. Only 100 rounds through the 45c and no detectable dust yet. I am using Blazer Brass 230 gr on both.
    Last edited by HowardCohodas; July 14th, 2008 at 02:56 AM.
    Howard

That thing is quite ugly :(

I guess i just have a thing for 1911's, theyre so sexy :P
    "...trying to get a long gun into play while someone is all over you like a monkey eating a cupcake is not very conducive to good survival techniques." ~Bark'n

Len, it's just the solids from the gun smoke sticking to the gun. It is more easy to see on the flat black finish of these guns, I'd guess.
    What Would Gumby Do?

Distinguished Member Array LenS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdog View Post
    Len, it's just the solids from the gun smoke sticking to the gun. It is more easy to see on the flat black finish of these guns, I'd guess.
    Yup but my experience with the M&P .45 FS is that it almost totally occluded the front (night) sight after 100+ rds. Speculation by a very knowledgeable person on another forum was that most .45 ammo is designed for 5" bbls and shorter ones lead to this problem.

Well that makes sense . . . but if it doesn't happen with an even shorter bbl, the theory gets blown up.

Not sure what to think now.

I just received my S&W M&P45c and it is my new favorite 45. S&W has a promotion going on now where you can opt for a $30 rebate or 2 free magazines, I'm getting the mags. I now have 4 M&Ps and this one is the best one yet. Way to go Smith & Wesson.
    Attached Images

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links