Defensive Carry banner

Too many CCW's?

4K views 43 replies 38 participants last post by  imthduke 
#1 ·
I know it's nice to have choices....I have 3 guns that I switch off carrying.Although my 642 is my 90% carry,I have been carrying my pt111 for a week now.I took it to the range today along w/ my Bulldog(which is my 3rd carry)sometimes I actually feel guilty that I don't carry the bulldog more often....any of you guys and gals have ccw guilt too?

#34 ·
I switch out from DA/SA in the Sig 220 Carry to my Glock 17/19 quite often lately.

They're both point and pull weapons. Though I mainly carried 1911's in one form or another for over 25 years on the streets with an occasional snub revo thrown in as backup, today I don't carry any firearm that needs user intervention other than pulling the trigger once drawn from the holster.

Even my bugs are point and pulls in the seecamp or keltec .32

David in FL,

I like that formula sir. Probably why I own more than I'll ever be able to shoot, I've been abiding by that formula for 30+ years.:danceban:

I know the others just sit year in and year out in the safe. They're fine snuggled into their gun rugs, oiled up and clean ready for duty should I decide to use them.

They're there for me, not the other way around.

Brownie

#36 ·
HELL NO! :rofl:

I'm a little ticked off though that I don't have 43 handguns like a friend of mine does! :tongue:

#38 ·
I have 4 carry options. And I don't feel guilty at all. I like to have options. :-D

Wht :hand10:

#40 ·
I've got a few CCW choices...Beretta M9, SIG 228, Walther PP & PPK/S, E-German Makarov & CZ-82, even a S&W 629 .44 Mag & Colt .25. But for actual carry I want guns that operate as closely to the same as I can get. So I carry a Glock 19 with laser grips, a Kel-Tec PF-9 with ArmaLaser RSS, and a Kel-Tec P3AT. The ones in the safe don't seem to mind as long as I take them to the range now and then... :smile:

Milspec

#41 ·
I personally am shameless when it comes to buying firearms. Its never enough.

#43 ·
Yeah, guilt. Thats what drives me to buy another and another and another. My philosophy is that I should spend anough that IF I were still married...she'd be mad. :rofl:

#44 ·
What is this....ccw guilt you speak of? Don't think I have ever experienced that, but if I thought that I might, I would just buy another gun.

I think you need some variety and choices....If I don't want to carry the Colt Mustang Pocketlite 380, I carry the Walter PPK 380. If I need something larger, I go for the Rouhbaugh 9mm. If that is too small, I strap on the HK P30, or the HK P7 in Robar NP3 or a hard chrome P7. If I feel fancy, I go to the HK P7M8 high polish black nickel. If I want to really strut, I pick up the Ed Brown Kobra Carry 1911. If prefer something smaller, I go for the Kimber Covert Ultra II 45with laser grips or the Colt Defender with CT grips. If I want to morf to a more German motiff I will pick up the Sig P239 SAS DAK trigger with lasermax and back it up with a Sig P232 380. And if I am feeling like a wheel guy, I either go Colt Python, Colt Viper or S&W 686 PD.

Is that guilt you speak of, like...there are so many guns and so little money.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.