Too many CCW's?

Too many CCW's?

This is a discussion on Too many CCW's? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I know it's nice to have choices....I have 3 guns that I switch off carrying.Although my 642 is my 90% carry,I have been carrying my ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Too many CCW's?

Too many CCW's?

I know it's nice to have choices....I have 3 guns that I switch off carrying.Although my 642 is my 90% carry,I have been carrying my pt111 for a week now.I took it to the range today along w/ my Bulldog(which is my 3rd carry)sometimes I actually feel guilty that I don't carry the bulldog more often....any of you guys and gals have ccw guilt too?
    "Just because I'm paranoid,doesn't mean they're NOT after me...."

VIP Member
    NO

DC Founder
    Not me, I carry one of two 1911's depending upon my mood for the day. I also, occasionally, carry one of my other guns, but not normally. Don't feel guilty, though. It's nice to have other guns available to carry depending on the season, weather, situation or just mood....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Nope--no guilt here. My P220 will see carry when the weather gets cooler as will the full size Glocks. The G19 and G27 are my summer time buddies and they actually take more torture for the season. Some times I'll get a wild hair and do something different, but when they're in the safe together and alone---I don't think they argue and bicker amongst themselves as to who's the best or who gets to go out and play more often than any other. I think my pistols (I carry all of them at one time or another) know that some days are diamonds and some days are stones. Nobody hibernates here-they all get out to play frequently even if it's just around the house or to the range. Sometimes I do however feel one or two especially need natural light or air and they'll let me know when it's time for them to go out before they poop on the floor. I listen to each and every one of them as they're all an extension of me.

Senior Member Array Natureboypkr's Avatar
    Nope
    Mixed Martial Arts Record= 2-0.......Kyokushin Karate Record=5-0

USMC.....helping enemies of America die for their countries since 1775

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Nope--no guilt here. My P220 will see carry when the weather gets cooler as will the full size Glocks. The G19 and G27 are my summer time buddies and they actually take more torture for the season. Some times I'll get a wild hair and do something different, but when they're in the safe together and alone---I don't think they argue and bicker amongst themselves as to who's the best or who gets to go out and play more often than any other. I think my pistols (I carry all of them at one time or another) know that some days are diamonds and some days are stones. Nobody hibernates here-they all get out to play frequently even if it's just around the house or to the range. Sometimes I do however feel one or two especially need natural light or air and they'll let me know when it's time for them to go out before they poop on the floor. I listen to each and every one of them as they're all an extension of me.
    What he said. During the summer I carry a Springer Ultra Compact, Kahr P45, or a Firestar .40. The Firestar doesn't see as much action because it's quite a chore to find quality IWB holsters for it. When I do carry it, it's OWB, not my prefered method, but do at times just because. All are easy to conceal under a T-shirt due to their small size. Colder months (I live in North Dakota so the cold season is longer than the warm season) I go with my trusty Springer Mil-Spec full size. As long as your practiced up with whatever you choose to carry, use what fits best for the situation.

Isn't "Too Many CCWs" an Oxymoron?

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

Well, I carry my snubby 90% of the time. Neither my 1911s or my .40 has ever complained or acted envious in any way. If it doesn't bother them, I'm not gonna let it bother me.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

cc guilt

Hello, my name is Dave... and I carry.

Quote Originally Posted by cvhoss View Post

Hoss
    I believe you are correct... I know I want more options. And by "options" I mean carry guns.
    Be Observant and Be Safe.

Current: S&W 442, Springfield XD9sc, XDm9, and Glock G26, G19, G23C,
    and SIG P226-40 TT, and Ruger GP-100, and Beretta 92FS
    Former: Taurus 92SS, SIG P220 TT, S&W 360, SIG P239-40, Ruger 22/45 MKII

Quote Originally Posted by wvshooter View Post
    Hello, my name is Dave... and I carry.

I have 1 main EDC, but I have several BUGs to choose from depending on many circumstances such as where I'm going, what I'm wearing, what vehicle I'll be driving, who I'll be around, etc. I also have a choice of different holster configurations for my EDC and BUGs.

Kinda like a lady's accessories, I guess: different configurations for different occassions. I mean, what lady would only have one purse?

That's the story I'm preparing for when my wife asks me why I need so many different guns and holsters. I hope it works.

And no, no guilt over having several options to choose from. It's all about preparing for varying threats and circumstances in the best possible way. One certain gun set-up is not the best for every situation.

CCW

I switch between several CCWs depending on my mood. I also carry openly at the gunshop and sometimes pick a gun for "Gee Whiz" factor. I carry a stainless Colt 1911, a P7M8, or a Glock 19 most often, sometimes a 10mm N frame or a .357 or .38 K frame. I sometimes will dig something out of the back of the safe just to take it to work, shoot it, clean and inspect it, and enjoy it. Not exactly "guilt", but why let them all sit in the dark ol safe forever?

Not at all. If I had a horse to help me carry I would have all of them on me.
    "Eternity is Too Long to be Wrong"

Texas CHL Instructor & Holder & Utah CFP Instructor
    NRA Instructor & Life Member
    Member TSRA, USCCA, TCHA
    Christian, Heterosexual, Pro-2A, Pro-Life, Conservative, Common Sense American

Kinda sorta. I'm allowed to carry up to three in my state, and I've done that before!

Not too many, you should just be comfortable with anything you carry, which it sounds like you are.

I have 3 guns I carry. 90% of the time it is my G19. The G30 gets some use as well and if I really need some deep concealment my 642.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links