Attn TwinCarry - Where'd you get these EMP grips?

This is a discussion on Attn TwinCarry - Where'd you get these EMP grips? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; TwinCarry - I saw this post in the 'Let's See Your Pic's - How You Carry Concealed' thread. I can't seem to find grips or ...

Thread: Attn TwinCarry - Where'd you get these EMP grips?

Attn TwinCarry - Where'd you get these EMP grips?

TwinCarry - I saw this post in the 'Let's See Your Pic's - How You Carry Concealed' thread.

I can't seem to find grips or anything for the EMP. I must know where you found these.. (Not sure if it's your gun or not as the pictures above that one appear to be of an EMP with the standard grips.)

Thanks!!
    Last edited by EMP; July 4th, 2008 at 10:59 PM. Reason: Fixed picture
    “It is better to be prepared for an opportunity and not have one than to have an opportunity and not be prepared.” ~ Whitney M. Young, Jr.

2. Remove Ads

EAJ
    They look like Larry Davidson Monkey grips. They look like his 4x4 design.

He made these G10 horned lizard grips for me when I purchased my EMP in late 2006.

He agreed to make a pair of grips for me for my 9m CZ RAMI last November. He was about 75% finished with them, than some larger contracts arrived and all work on my grips came to an abrupt halt. I was very patient, but after three months of waiting, endless excuses and inability to commit to a finish date I gave up. Needless to say, as a vocal supporter and cheerleader of his initial work on my G10 EMP grips, I was very disappointed in how I was treated. He does very nice work, but I can’t in good conscience send anyone that I know to him anymore. But, that’s life. Hopefully your outcome will be better. ;)

EAJ - Your input is very much appreciated. Love the look of you grips as well, too bad to hear something like that happened. Well now I guess I'm interested to see/hear if anyone has any other recommendations/pics of EMPs with aftermarket grips.

Thanks again!!
    “It is better to be prepared for an opportunity and not have one than to have an opportunity and not be prepared.” ~ Whitney M. Young, Jr.

EAJ
    Yes, that's them. They're priced at about what I paid for them in 2006.

When I purchased my EMP they were only available with the OE Double Thinline Cocobolo Hardwood grips. It was a blind purchase, and the closest I’d come to actually seeing an EMP was a less than stellar photo which did not do the pistol or OE grips justice. I came across another new EMP owner in a forum and he had just purchased the G10 grips, which looked great on the pistol, so I ordered a pair. The EMP finally arrived and I had an opportunity to physically examine it. The OE grips were in fact quite handsome. It took me a few weeks to decide which grips to keep on the pistol. I finally decided on the G10 because they have a more aggressive texture and provide for a better grip. The photo that I posted doesn’t do the grips justice either; they’re quite nice. Shortly after I installed them on my EMP I began promoting them, including to a rep that I knew at Springfield Armory. I also copied Larry with this information and by late 2007 Springfield Armory began offering the EMP with an optional G10 grip. Now, I won’t claim that I got Larry his contract with SA, but I would like to believe that I was in some small way instrumental in helping towards that end. Ironically, this was around the same time period that he stopped working on my RAMI grips. No good deed goes unpunished, ;)

Links