Modern Single Action Pistols?

This is a discussion on Modern Single Action Pistols? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I'm a huge fan of the 1911 and I'm very comfortable with keeping the pistol in Condition 1 (cocked and locked) and snicking the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Modern Single Action Pistols?

Senior Member Array KevinDooley's Avatar

So I'm a huge fan of the 1911 and I'm very comfortable with keeping the pistol in Condition 1 (cocked and locked) and snicking the safety off when getting ready to use the pistol.

That said, every time I almost get bit by the tupperware bug, I do some preliminary internet research and they're all these "safe-trigger" DAO striker fired things...
    I wouldn't mind a modern tupperware pistol with 13 rounds of 45 ACP (or even more if I decide to try a 9mm or .40), but I love my single action trigger...
    Are there any options in a modern single-action good ole cocked and locked type of pistol?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

The will to win is worthless if you do not have the will to prepare. -Thane Yost

go find, play with and shoot a Para LDA. I gave mine up for the tupperware DAO striker fired things...
    Now I don't freak out if it gets dropped or mis-handled. I hate damaging the blueing or scratching a stainless finish.
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

Administrator
    Sig's 220 comes in a single action.
    "Just blame Sixto"

That I did not know. I glanced at the sig web page but there were a lot of options and they all looked DA...

The will to win is worthless if you do not have the will to prepare. -Thane Yost

The Sig 220 SAO is a great gun but isn't Tupperware (alloy frame) and isn't hi-cap (8+1). The only thing that comes to mind for a hi-cap SAO pistol in 45 acp would be a Para-Ordinance but they aren't Tupperware either but do have a 14+1 capacity.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

Well, tupperware really isn't that important, but the hi-cap is what would make me want to upgrade.

I just read on AKForum.net about the HK45. The guy who had bought one said it is DA/SA and could be carried in Condition 1... maybe I'll have to take a look at that and the Para Hi-Cap. I think he said it was 14+1 on capacity as well.

Oooo... I just found this on Sig's website... This just might talk me into 9mm:

P226 X-5

Administrator

Thumbs up

Nice firearm and the SIG lightweight alloy that they use for their frames is super strong and incredibly tough with an almost bulletproof finish.
    Plus you can buy an accessory 20 round magazine to use as a spare mag for that handgun.
    That should be enough readily available capacity.

Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

The H&K USP or USPc were the first models that came to mind - in whatever of the 93 variants apply (j/k) . I checked them out once but to me they feel like handling a lightweight brick. Lots of folks seem to like them though.
    Jack

Yeah, I don't like Glocks because of the brick feeling... I got big ham-like palms and short sausage like fingers (dangit... now I'm hungry) and the thick handled pistols are a non-starter for me. That review of the HK45 I read had a picture of the grip next to a 1911 and it looked thin enough, plus it's got the swappable backstraps... so who knows... maybe that'll work.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinDooley View Post
    Yeah, I don't like Glocks because of the brick feeling... I got big ham-like palms and short sausage like fingers (dangit... now I'm hungry) and the thick handled pistols are a non-starter for me. That review of the HK45 I read had a picture of the grip next to a 1911 and it looked thin enough, plus it's got the swappable backstraps... so who knows... maybe that'll work.
    Then you sure don't want to look at the Para. It's double stack mag well would really not be comfortable for you.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

VIP Member
    Fn's FNP pisols are available in SAO. They're not too pricey either. Good luck trying to find one though.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Taurus 24/7 Pro pistols have single action triggers, but revert to long-pull double action to give you restrike capability on, for instance, a round that doesn't fire the first time. They offer a pretty wide range of frame sizes and calibers with that trigger mechanism.

I'm not sure but are the CZ pistols capable of Condition One carry? I'm thinking about the 75, 75B, etc.
    Jack

VIP Member
    CZ makes the 75B SA. Single action, available in either 9mm or 40 cal. 16+1 in 9 12+1 in 40 cal.

CZ 75 B SA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links