Ruger LCP

This is a discussion on Ruger LCP within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am so excited!!! I'm going to the gun store today to check one out. The owner said he'd hold it for us 'cuz my ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ruger LCP

Talking Ruger LCP

I am so excited!!! I'm going to the gun store today to check one out. The owner said he'd hold it for us 'cuz my husband said it was for my 21st birthday! YES!!! I'll be 21 on Aug. 3rd and we are going the same day to apply for my concealed permit. I am so excited/nervous. I think I will carry just around the house, openly and concealed, to get the feel of it before I am unleashed on the public. lol I think we are going to go with a smartcarry holster for it, since I'd like to carry it in front. When I have carried my 9mm (sorry, don't know anything else about it) I usually carry it between the small of my back and my hip on my right side. It seems to be quite comfortable and more easily concealable in women's clothing. But since the Ruger is so small I figured I'd be able to carry it slightly to the right of my zipper and no one would think I'm a cross-dresser. lol
    Besides, I'm way too hot for that. lol
    Anyway, I'm super excited to finally be getting a gun of my very own and then my CPL. The only thing I'm not so excited about is reading the pamphlet of all the laws on carrying a handgun that my husband picked up for me. Better safe than sorry, though.
    Last edited by JD; July 7th, 2008 at 06:24 PM. Reason: Edited for language.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar
    congratz!!

I have an LCP...you will really like it. It hides anywhere. I have a pocket holster and a cheapie Uncle Mikes and it just disappears.

Congrats, you made a good choice on a small pistol
    Nothing Wrong With Shooting as Long as the Right People Get Shot.
    Clint Eastwood, Magnum Force, 1973

Armriley, congrats on your prospective purchase!

Out of curiosity, have you gotten a chance to try one out, yet? I'm not sure how experienced or avid of a shooter you are, but my wife won't shoot my LCP anymore. She loves my Kimber's, but the recoil is too much in the LCP. It really is quite snappy.

It's a pretty standard recommendation to try out a pistol before you purchase it, but for the LCP, and it being your first gun, it would be a really good idea to try it before you buy it.

Good luck!
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    Pickup a couple of extra mags for the little Ruger and you will be in business. Its a fine little bug gun. And happy birthday to you!
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

Congrats and Happy Birthday... I think you'll like the LCP.

Just remember one thing. The gun is a tool you can use to save your life when the situation is most dire. Whether it's the perfect gun right from the start or whether you find the recoil of the LCP too snappy or sharp... If you practice with it, be persistent and learn to master it properly, it will get better and eventually no longer be a problem to shoot.

(Many a fine marksmen and women become great shooters using weapons they are not comfortable with or fit their hands ideally, but are forced to use a certain gun because being mandated limited type of guns used, like in the military or police departments. Some just need to spend more time than others learning to use the gun in which they carry.) Don't get discouraged.

Remember, it's your life! The value you place on your life is a direct correlation to how much time you are willing to invest in learning to shoot regardless of which gun you choose to carry!

Stay safe, have fun, good luck on obtaining your ccw and Happy Birthday!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I went into the gun store the other day to buy one for summer carry. I ended up with a Kel Tec P-11 but I am a guy with big hands and the ruger was just a tick small in my palm. I think it is a pretty awsome gun for a lady and with a .380 cal it still packs a punch

Congrats
    Chris

VIP Member

I want one of these so bad, I can just taste it!
    Texas CHL Holder, Member NRA & TxCDL
    GLOCK 19 9mm & GLOCK 26 9mm - 3rd Gen Both
    RUGER LCP .380
    Taurus SS Judge .45/.410 & Taurus PT22 .22LR

Ill be 21 Aug 7 so Happy birthday to us!!! Im gonna go with the keltec instead of the ruger but I signed up for my class also.

Senior Member Array Natureboypkr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fernset View Post
    Ill be 21 Aug 7 so Happy birthday to us!!! Im gonna go with the keltec instead of the ruger but I signed up for my class also.
    Congrats to you on your start
    Mixed Martial Arts Record= 2-0.......Kyokushin Karate Record=5-0

USMC.....helping enemies of America die for their countries since 1775

The Desantis Nemesis works great for pocket carry. You will love carrying this gun and like (notice the difference!!) shooting it.

Quote Originally Posted by fernset View Post
    Why the Kel-tec?
    EVIL PREVAILS WHEN GOOD MEN FAIL TO ACT.

Well, I picked up the OP's Ruger LCP today (I'm her husband). It is no surprise to her what she is getting for her birthday, as I wanted her too pick something out that was comfortable for her. BUT, she still does have to wait for her Birthday on August 3rd to see the gun. For those of you wondering...I got it NIB with all the goodies for $269.00 out the door.
    EVIL PREVAILS WHEN GOOD MEN FAIL TO ACT.

Quote Originally Posted by luvmyglock View Post
    Why the Kel-tec?
    I have exprience with a friends p-32 and from what I read in the reviews the ruger is only superior in the looks department. The KT is slightly lighter and thinner although unnoticably, the triiger puul is hevier on the ruger. I have also read (in reviews) that many have prefered the deeper checkered pattern on the keltec grip than the ruger grip which according to them is a bit more slippery. I also like the idea of the belt clip.

P.S.
    Seems you got a good deal. My friend got the ruger for $275

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links