Sig 250

This is a discussion on Sig 250 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Is this a new gun? Anyone have one? Just curious....

Thread: Sig 250

VIP Member

Sig 250

Is this a new gun? Anyone have one? Just curious.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    Is this a new gun? Anyone have one? Just curious.
    Newish. Yes (but not me). Why?

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...hlight=sig+250

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...hlight=sig+250

"Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

VIP Member
    Ok smarty pants you got me. How bout a range report?
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Ergonomics are great I'm not sure though if its like the other Polymer SIGs yet. Awesome idea of the gun but the problem is I haven't seen one in any other caliber but 9mm. A gun that supposidly can be converted easily to .4/357/45acp one would think you would see alot of people raving about it. I have seen a couple come through the shop and all the triggers are different some had really horrid triggers some of them had the smoothest triggers on a DAO gun I've ever seen; however, this begs the question of the overall quality and control. I think right now its in its infancy and you'll see future platforms copy the technology or come out with their own spin on it. But I think right now its questionable and has not been perfected.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Lead Moderator
    Don't remember if we've had a thread here (do a search), if you can't find something here go over to the SIGForum and they have a wealth of information there, including range reports.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Buddy has one.

I was underwhelmed.

Not fond of DAO only setup (at least, I've never seen one with the standard Sig DA/SA decocker). And, honestly...it feels...cheap.

I can see where the mix'n'match aspect of the 250 will appeal to a lot of folks; I'm not one of them.

Give me a classic 226 or 220 any day.
    There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.--RAH

...man fights with his mind; the weapons are incidental.--Jeff Cooper

There is a reason they try and make small bullets act like big bullets--Glockmann10mm

Administrator
    I just sent one back to Sig I had for a T&E... I did a mini range report here somewhere, I'll see if I can find it.

Page 2 in this thread;

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...s-new-gun.html
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    Thanks Sixto that was what I wanted.
    Mark Twain:

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    I have yet to shoot one, but I have now handled and dry-fired several. As somebody who was prepared to be very underwhelmed by a DAO trigger, I was actually pleasantly surprised. It is long, but I didn't find it spongy at all (as Sixto put it). I am looking forward to getting to put some lead downrange through one of those...
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    Thanks Sixto that was what I wanted.
    You're welcome. Hope it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by kazzaerexys View Post
    I have yet to shoot one, but I have now handled and dry-fired several. As somebody who was prepared to be very underwhelmed by a DAO trigger, I was actually pleasantly surprised. It is long, but I didn't find it spongy at all (as Sixto put it). I am looking forward to getting to put some lead downrange through one of those...
    I guess it comes down to what you are used to. All my guns that I shoot on a regular basis are much smoother and break a lot crisper than the 250. It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't what I've come to expect from Sig. The overall feel of the gun was very Taurus like. In other words, it was if they put a great deal of effort in refinements, but stopped short because of some sort of compromise. It might be because of the bottom line cost or the modular design.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I had one when they first hit the store back in feburary i think. I got rid of it fast it had a horrible trigger (very loooong & scrubbish feeling) it also was a bit difficult to field strip even though the procedure was quite simple that take down lever would **** me off seemed quite reliable though in the maybe 500 rounds i managed to put through it before i couldnt take the trigger any more. Oh one more thing you cant buy anything for it except a crappy "SIG" polymer holster..... Hope this helps
    Kimber Ultra Carry 2
    Kimber Eclipse Target 2
    Kahr PM9 (wife's edc)
    Kahr PM45, Glock 19 (3rd Gen) & DiamondBack DB9
    NRA Life Member

Links