Glock 27?

This is a discussion on Glock 27? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I want a compact pistol of a major caliber. I was looking at a 36. I just read on this forum about all the problems ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock 27?

Glock 27?

I want a compact pistol of a major caliber. I was looking at a 36. I just read on this forum about all the problems people have had with 36's. How about the 27?

2. Remove Ads

The Glock 27 is a great pistol. I have a 33 (basically a 27 in .357SIG). You can't go wrong with a 26 or 27!
    EVIL PREVAILS WHEN GOOD MEN FAIL TO ACT.

Distinguished Member Array JerryM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbob76 View Post
    I want a compact pistol of a major caliber. I was looking at a 36. I just read on this forum about all the problems people have had with 36's. How about the 27?
    The 27 has an excellent reliability record. The only problem is the potential malfunction due to limp wristing. The 9mm does not have that problem it seems.

Best,
    Jerry

Welcome to the forum. Never heard of all the problems with the G36. I have had a G27 for over ten years though---like it, love it, depend on it, etc........ So what is your actual question? I know you're not here to stir the pot between the G36 and G27-----you can't! P.S. I carry 24/7, how 'bout you?

Quote Originally Posted by JerryM View Post
    The 27 has an excellent reliability record. The only problem is the potential malfunction due to limp wristing. The 9mm does not have that problem it seems.

Best,
    Jerry
    I have done my best to limp wrist my G27 to no avail. Fires and comes ready everytime. So I let my daughter's friend fire the 27 several times. She is very small and has small arms - I thought this would for sure end up in limp wristing - nope. Came ready every single time.

I spend most of my time in California and I'm not always able to legally carry, but when I can it's been kel tecs and seecamps. The 36 problems I read about were on this thread http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...decisions.html so that's why I wanted to know about experience with the 27. I shoot my 19 quite a bit but don't carry it.

Also have the GLOCK 30/30SF out there in .45ACP

Senior Member Array bluelineman's Avatar
    If it says "GLOCK" on the frame, you're good to go.

Administrator
    The G27 is a great choice and solid performer. The G36's issues were early on in production, but they do live up to Glocks reputation now.
    "Just blame Sixto"

another "+1" for the G27. Its my every day carry. Conceals well, and performs well at the range. I had issues with cheap winchester FMJ "range ammunition", but no issues with any other ammunition.

I am relatively new to handguns and not a proficient shooter by any means... but I am able to hit reasonable groupings with the G27 over up to 15 yards.

I do have a S&W J-Frame revolver as well, and actually think about selling it as I am far less accurate with it.
    I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. (Thomas Jefferson)

that's why I wanted to know about experience with the 27. I shoot my 19 quite a bit but don't carry it.
    Why? I conceal the G19 as well as the G27--in the same IWB holster no less.

My g27 has been nice to me. No problems with it ever. You won't be dissapointed with it.
    Benjamin Franklin once said, "he that would supplant a little liberty for a little safety deserves neither".

VIP Member
    G-27 works great for me, I sometimes pocket carry it if I am wearing cargo type pants. It is a good CCW choice.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    Love my 27. A good, solid, no nonsense working gun.

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    The Glock 27 is a great gun. I carried it for months. BUT, I switched to the G26 (9mm) for the following reasons:

• Recoil is less
    • I could only fill the magazine to 8 instead of 9. On the G26, I could fill it to the full capacity of 10, thereby giving me 2 extra rounds
    • Exact same dimensions
    • Cheaper ammunition (at least the practice stuff. Defensive ammo is about the same price.)

You will not go wrong with the G27. But also look at the G26 as well.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links