Kahr PM45

This is a discussion on Kahr PM45 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Can anyone comment on this new Kahr, the PM45. I really miss carrying a real weapon. I have been carrying a 9mm for a few ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kahr PM45

Kahr PM45

Can anyone comment on this new Kahr, the PM45. I really miss carrying a real weapon. I have been carrying a 9mm for a few years and miss the good ole 45. This one looks concealable, and gets some pretty good reviews. I love my colt commander but it is just to darn big and heavy and gets left behind so often because of not being able to conceal. I am 5'5" and weigh 160 pounds. No place to hide the beast...I do know that the original PM 9 mm had some problems but this New 45 seems to have worked all the bugs out. Any experience out there?

2. Remove Ads

I have its cousin. TP45....outstanding gun. Light and not too big...
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

I like mine.

Here it is next to a PM9.

Do a search and you will be able to find some reviews by myself and others.

I have one & i absolutly love it slimmest .45 out there & very Glock like except the trigger feel. About 600 rounds down range & only a couple FTF's after i had been shooting awhile & in all fairness was quite dirty at that point. I would recommend getting the Hogue handall Jr for it (sharp grip stippling & alot of bang) i also outfitted mine w/Trijicon Novak style night sights. All in all i think you'd be happy with it, i know iam
    Attached Images
    Kimber Ultra Carry 2
    Kimber Eclipse Target 2
    Kahr PM9 (wife's edc)
    Kahr PM45, Glock 19 (3rd Gen) & DiamondBack DB9
    NRA Life Member

I hate to break it to ya. But a 9mm is a real weapon, it shoots a projectile that may cause serious physical injury or death. I carried my G19 today with a G17 spare mag giving me 33 rounds of 124 gr Speer GDs. I felt just as confident today as when I carry my G23 (.40S&W) or my G30(.45ACP).
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

I was looking the other day at the Kahr pm9. I was having, and still am having trouble deciding between the PM9 and one of the 45 models. I like the concealibility if the om, but like the 45 because, well, its a 45. From what I understand the current productions of the pm series have the bugs worked out, I believe there was a barell recall on the pm9s a few years ago. I have been researching the Kahrs as well for a while and it seems that the pm have the bugs worked out of them after the 200 round break in. I feel your pain, I can't decide between the pm9 and the 45, not sure of the model number but it had a matte black slide.
    Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

Just count your pennies for a while and then do what I did....get both.

I picked up a PM-45 about 8 weeks ago, my first Kahr.
    Very impressive pistol, and trouble free, so far.
    Perfect pocket carry in a DeSantis holster.
    My 642 has not seen the light of day since then, as I like the larger caliber.

I was looking at an LCP, but the .45 is much more comforting!

Jamie

NY 27, didn't mean to ruffle any feathers. Absolutely agree about the 9mm. I would not want to be shot by one by any means. I just have always felt something special about the good ole 45. Call it nostalgia or whatever. Those little fireplug bullets make me smile......

Quote Originally Posted by Slim_45 View Post
    i also outfitted mine w/Trijicon Novak style night sights.
    Did you install those yourself? If so, how difficult was it? I've heard the Kahr dovetails are really tight.

Can't speak for Slim_45, but there was no way in hades that I would have been able to install my Mepro's on mine. You have to have a sight press. Most gun shops only charge $30-$35.

Quote Originally Posted by DistantHorizon View Post
    Did you install those yourself? If so, how difficult was it? I've heard the Kahr dovetails are really tight.
    No i did'nt install them myself (its not my Glock, even though similar in design) like you said very very tight. My local store where i bought it would'nt even put them on my PM45 but get this they installed them just fine on the wife's PM9 still trying to figure out the difference on that one. I took mine to "Dick Williams" in saginaw & they only charged me $10 to install.

As for the caliber arguments, this is my first carry .45 has been 9mm's which with a little Federal HST will do all the damage you want i just wanted a bigger gun than the wife seriously though until the PM45 there just was'nt a .45 i felt i would like to carry in my pants all day. Thats it in a nut shell, the PM's are great in either 9mm or .45 @ least for us. Never owned the .40 model but ive heard it had bug's but i would assume they've corrected any by now.........Good luck deciding
    Kimber Ultra Carry 2
    Kimber Eclipse Target 2
    Kahr PM9 (wife's edc)
    Kahr PM45, Glock 19 (3rd Gen) & DiamondBack DB9
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by obiwankabaldi View Post
    NY 27, didn't mean to ruffle any feathers. Absolutely agree about the 9mm. I would not want to be shot by one by any means. I just have always felt something special about the good ole 45. Call it nostalgia or whatever. Those little fireplug bullets make me smile......
    No problem. I have firearms in all calibers. I am actually partial to the .40 S&W myself.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

How is it to shoot?I imagine it's a handfull..I shot a buddy's PM9 last week and it was less than fun.
    "Just because I'm paranoid,doesn't mean they're NOT after me...."

Only person I know that has one is a guy I work with. I've never personally shot it but he says he's going to sell it because it's a handful. He normally carries a Scandium J-frame, if that's any reference.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links