Opinions G36

This is a discussion on Opinions G36 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello I'm looking for some opinions on how you may think a glock 36 is as a carry SD gun? Thanks a head of time ...

Thread: Opinions G36

Opinions G36

Hello
    I'm looking for some opinions on how you may think a glock 36 is as a carry SD gun?
    Thanks a head of time for your opinions.

2. Remove Ads

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    The G36 is most of the Glock enthusiast gun they dislike. Do a search on this site for G36 and you will find a lot of reasons and opinions.

Its one of the Glocks that the easiest to limp wrist and the magazines have some feeding issues over time. Glock to me is meant to be a double stack The Single stack Glock is thin but honeslty the G19, G23 or G32 maybe just as comfortable to carry then the 36 imho
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

VIP Member
    Personally, I went with the Model 30. It is a little thicker in the grip, but unless (after holding both) you can really say that the Model 30 feels awkward to you and the Model 36 feels perfect, I wouldn't pick the Model 36. (In the interest of full disclosure, a Model 30 does not feel thick after carrying a Colt King Cobra with Hogue wood grips concealed during the winter.) The Model 30 is a more flexible platform, as Model 21 magazines will function in the Model 30, giving you the option of 13 rounds, plus one in the chamber. The Model 30 is my EDC: I carry strongside with one in the chamber and a ten-round magazine in the grip in an IWB holster, and I carry a thirteen-round Model 21 magazine in an IWB magazine holder on the weak side. The Model 21 magazine has an A&G Spacer Sleeve Extension (TopGlock.com: TopGlock Magazine Extension and scroll down). Twenty-four rounds of .45 ACP is, well, comfortable to carry (and have) in my case.

As noted above, some have apparently had some issues with the Model 36, although, since I don't own one, I have not. OMO, YMMV.

Good luck with whatever you decide!
    If the public are bound to yield obedience to laws to which they cannot give their approbation, they are slaves to those who make such laws and enforce them.--Samuel Adams as Candidus, Boston Gazette 20 Jan. 1772

Veteran--USA FA
    NRA Benefactor Life
    Tennessee Firearms Association Life

Administrator
    They carry great but they early production models had a few issues. They have since worked the bugs out.

(Is this deja vu? It seems as if I such typed the same thing a day or two ago.)
    "Just blame Sixto"

I have the Glock-36 and I use it as my Harley riding associate.

I used to hate Glocks, but the G-36 caught my attention...it seemed to fit my hand perfectly. When it started crying about not wanting to stay in the gun shop, I decided to give it a home.

I haven't had any issues with it, and after several hundred flawless rounds, I started to take it with me for short walks and long rides.

Stay armed...gotta' love a G...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I picked up a 36 about a month ago and it is now my everyday carry.
    1. slim 2. lightweight 3. 45 ACP It has it all except for high capacity but then, I feel that 7 rounds will be 3-4 round more than I will probably ever need :-) Oh and it fits in the same holster as my G-19.
    One ought never to turn one's back on a threatened danger and try to run away from it. If you do that, you will double the danger. But if you meet it promptly and without flinching, you will reduce the danger by half.

Sir Winston Churchill.

Administrator
    As per the above comment by SIXTO - the feed reliability bugs have all been worked out of the G36 so just buy one of recent manufacture if you decide to get one.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

I been carrying one in an MTAC lots this summer. Mine is a later model which has been 100%. I just carried my newly aquired G30SF on Tues. and yesterday the G36. As much as I love the G30, the G36 just plain carries better (i.e. thinner, less weight, easily disappears under a t-shirt). For me, it makes a great summer 45cal EDC.
    A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.
    -- Sigmund Freud

I also have a G30 and a G36.

I love carrying the 36 IWB; it's slim, it's light, and it's a .45.

And, I've never experienced any problems with one.
    There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.--RAH

...man fights with his mind; the weapons are incidental.--Jeff Cooper

There is a reason they try and make small bullets act like big bullets--Glockmann10mm

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    As per the above comment by SIXTO - the feed reliability bugs have all been worked out of the G36 so just buy one of recent manufacture if you decide to get one.
    What do you mean by recent I may a deal on one manufactured in 2002 is that recent enough for the bugs you mentioned to be worked out? And What bugs?
    Thanks

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessie View Post
    What do you mean by recent I may a deal on one manufactured in 2002 is that recent enough for the bugs you mentioned to be worked out? And What bugs?
    Thanks
    If you have not had any issues with yours, I wouldn't be concerned. They had some magazine issues mainly, and some feeding/ ejection problems.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I bought a G36 for when my back and hips just can't handle 1911 all day long.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

Links