Defensive Carry banner

Kahr K40

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  lance22 
#1 ·
I am having a tough time deciding on my next carry gun:confused:. I currently have a S&W M&P 360 revolver on hold but my LGS has a used Kahr K40 that looks super clean and nice. My question is does Kahrs warranty cover used guns, and should i trade my S&W M&P 40c for it?
I really dont have a reason for selling the 40c only that it would help in the cost of the gun.
Thanks!

#4 ·
I was not fond of the way the K40 shot when I tried one. K9, sure, but the .40 is a bit snappy in that little gun. Then again, nobody ever blamed a revolver for having anything but muzzle flip...

-B

#5 ·
Yea I can verify that the cw40 is a problem child for me. Mine is still giving me fits and its headed back to kahr for a second time. Now in fairness to kahr the all steel pistols seem to be better quality.
Now I have a MP 40c and other than the way it feels when it cycles(reminds me of a old train clacking across the tracks) It has been flawless. Its not as accurate as the kahr, but it has never failed to go boom. fail to feed any ammo, and always returns to battery.

#6 ·
Big Jerm, I absolutely love both my PM9 and PM45. I don't want to get into a caliber tinkling contest, but for what I need them for, the 9mm fits the bill. I think there are plenty of boutique chamberings out there that push the limit of the 9mm and make it a formidable round.

Last I checked 9mm was quite a bit cheaper too if you plan on shooting the thing much.

#9 ·
Add me to the K9 fans instead of the 40......

I've carried one for almost 15 years now. Great cc gun. Very accurate and extremely comfortable to shoot due to the steel frame. Conceals and carries easily. Absolutely no problems after 1,000's of rounds through mine.

#10 ·
Dissent opinion :tongue:

I have a P40 that's been super reliable. I didn't buy the K40 because it was very heavy. The K series feels nicer in the hand but I was looking for a carry gun, not a "pleasure to shoot" gun ... I wanted something lighter and I found it in the P series.

The CW series is basically a less expensive version of the P Series ... not sure what corners they cut to make it cheaper but but for a carry gun I don't want to cut corners, I want to get what I want because the gun is a life insurance policy.

If you have a good belt the K40 will probably serve you very well. It will feel good in your hand and will be a pleasure to shoot. The K Series is the finest handgun made by Kahr, of better quality than the P Series, and WAY WAY WAY better than the CW Series.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.