NAA .22LR with holster grip

This is a discussion on NAA .22LR with holster grip within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I bought this today, and it's an awesome little piece. Holds 5 rounds, and very compact in size. I'll use this as a back-up piece, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NAA .22LR with holster grip

I bought this today, and it's an awesome little piece. Holds 5 rounds, and very compact in size. I'll use this as a back-up piece, or if I need to be low profile. It is a small caliber, but I have yet to really find a fault. The pistol is made from stainless, and a lifetime warranty from North American Arms. Let me know your thoughts..

--I'M PROUD TO HAVE THE ABILITY TO BEAR ARMS--

Glock27/ KaBar TDI/ MTAC Holster. I have more also, but this combination works well..

Looks like a big folder from outside but if you're trying to be low profile -- I tend to assume that people with big folders are likely CCW's. Just me - others may have differing views on that one.

Neat gun though - good choice.

VIP Member
    Have you shot it?

I want one in 22 mag....

Nice li'l gun!
    USMC 1984-1992
    To err is human.
    To forgive is divine.
    Neither of which is Marine Corps policy.

"It's all about shot placement."- David (Slayer of Goliath)

I have two NAA revolvers. Both in .22 mag. One of them I purchased with the same folding grips/holster. I carried it on and off with the folding grips/holster for about a year. I came to the conclusion that its more a gimmick to me than a useful tool.
    Sure, the folding holster/grips allow the gun to be carried discreetly deep in pocket or with the clip like shown in your picture, but it was tougher for me to bring out for actual use if I had to in an emergency.
    Even with plenty of practice, I noticed that it actually takes two hands to manipulate the release buttons on the grips and at the same moment one must fold open the little gun for use. I have even tried to flip open the gun from the grips/holster one-handed and its not a very good idea. It would not open 100% to lock the grips in place all the time and took extra time to align the revolver to open perfectly in the web of my hand and then cock the hammer. It was tricky at best. I called the action "pull, whirl, and cock", because thats what you did.
    I took off the grips and replaced them with an extra set of grips that I had and found it quicker, simplier, and easier to use a front pocket holster to conceal and draw it from.
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

Thank you all for the input(s). I just purchased this little one yesterday, but I will go to a range here later today. This is where I wish I lived out in a small town(country) to shoot this small caliber pistol freely in the back yard. I would agree with the flip, but mine came with this, and I paid barely $200 with the folding grip. I plan on shooting .22 LR, but I will also try other types/ varieties (All except magnums) will fit apparently? I will post a target or two, and see if the accuracy in feet is true. NAA states 6-15 ft. on their site. Thank You all again!

Glock27/ KaBar TDI/ MTAC Holster. I have more also, but this combination works well..

I have its 'cousin' in .22Mag. I also purchased the larger grips offered by NAA.

This is a sweet little carry gun, using a pocket holster in a pair of shorts during summer. I don't feel undergunned, either!!
    Attached Images
    "Courage is being scared to death ...... but saddling up anyway" John Wayne

VIP Member
    I've got two of them, though I don't carry them anymore.....I have an LCP.

I've never had an AD/ND with either, but be sure and let the hammer down in the provided safety notch located between the rounds.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    Desperado; please don't be offended, I offer this as someone who generally cares for people; you "should" feel underguned with an NAA mini-revolver. It's each persons call to accept the relative risk; many choose to carry no gun and they're REALLY undergunned but if we choose to carry a mini; we should be realistic that it's a last ditch, last hope weapon in most likely defensive scenarios and it's an extremely poor hope at that. I think they're neat little guns and, as we hear a thousand times every week", it's better to have one than none, however, we ought to be realistic that such a gun is "undergunned" even it it's better than no gun. I can see someone saying that when talking about the difference between a .38 and a 9mm or even a 9 and a .45 but we ought to be more realistic when we talk about .22's or .22 mags from such a short barrel.

Someone will say "I wouldn't want to be shot with one" but that's just a saying that isn't really releveant; I wouldn't want to be shot with a BB gun but i won't carry one because of that; it's faulty logic.

Hope no one will take offense at my comments but on a forum like this I think it's important that we help folks to realize what undergunned is so they can make a reasoned choice. I choose sometimes to go to work with no gun! It's a reasoned choice but I know I'm "undergunned" that day!

Anyway, I do like those mini's and think they'd be a lot of fun!

PS; I would never carry a mini with the clip as shown in the pic for fear someone would ask to borrow my knife and what would I say?
    Last edited by Gideon; July 13th, 2008 at 12:07 AM. Reason: Edited to add PS...

Gideon is correct. The mini-clip is just begging for trouble either by losing the firearm or having it lifted from your person.
    I always have a .22 mag mini on me as either a BUG or when wearing minimal clothing in the heat. By itself, I choose to accept the responsability due to my faith in my ability to use the magnum cartridge to my advantage.
    You have to look at this gun as a tool for up close and personal defense with no hesitation in use. Offing all 5 shots... well placed shots at that... into the BG, one hopes that a part of the anatomy is hit rendering damage and inability to fight back, or maybe the sheer shock of just being fired upon and being hit with bullets might just take the fight out of the BG. But you can't bet on that. Thats a very risky bet that might cost you your life.
    Definitely something to think about.
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

When I was a car salesman one of the older salesmen carried a gun just like that in his coat pocket. I shot it a couple times... it jabs my hand good but it's still just a .22 - not a lot of real kick.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

"Desperado; please don't be offended, I offer this as someone who generally cares for people; you "should" feel underguned with an NAA mini-revolver. It's each persons call to accept the relative risk; many choose to carry no gun and they're REALLY undergunned but if we choose to carry a mini; we should be realistic that it's a last ditch......",

Gideon ----- I'm not at all offended. My choice to carry the little gun is based upon my ability to shoot it very well. Let me clarify that I certainly don't advocate it should be someone's primary carry piece but in the heat of summer here in Kansas, for short trips to the grocery store, etc., it's pretty darned handy and easy to slip into the pocket of your shorts or light clothing.

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    Glad you weren't offended! Someday I'd like one just because I think they're a neat weapon! I especially like them with the oversized wood grips.

Surprisingly accurate!! With a two handed hold, you can work the hammer with the weak side thumb and put 5, .22Mag Hollow Pts. in a dinner plate sized target at 15 feet about as fast as you could with a semi-auto.
    The larger grips make the piece much easier to control.
    Again ---- not recommended for primary carry but a really good pocket pistol when you're in a hurry and not 'dressed' for your primary.

Thank you all for the inputs/comments. I have a Glock 27 for my primary CCW, and I do not wear the 22 with the clip like that. I was just in the house, and I was curious as to how it would look. A photo that I found kinda neat if you will. I have shot all 22 type rounds, but I like the shot shell. I bought this to play with really, and I wouldn't put my life on the little pistol either.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links