FN 5-7

This is a discussion on FN 5-7 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The FN 5-7 is a weapon that I don't hear alot about on this forum. I know very little about the round that it shoots ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FN 5-7

Senior Member Array SilenceDoGood's Avatar

FN 5-7

The FN 5-7 is a weapon that I don't hear alot about on this forum. I know very little about the round that it shoots (5.7x28mm) and even less about the weapon itself. Just curious if anyone had anything to say with this gun and the 5.7x28.

For those of you who are unfamilure with this gun check it out here
    "A government is like fire, a handy servant, but a dangerous master." -- George Washington

2. Remove Ads

Well - this is a hot topic. The gun is reliable, and its nice to have either 20 or 30 rounds (with the extended mag) in a rather small package. The gun has low recoil as well.

However - the round is a hit button topic. These threads inevitably break down into the pro and anti 5.7 argument. This especially happens at The Firing LIne and Glocktalk websites.

I am the admin of the FN Forum - U could come to our site to learn more if you like - FN Forum.NET :: Index - PS90 FS200 FN SCAR FNP FiveseveN 5.7x28mm

I have 1, and it is a nice gun. I especially like the PS90 carbine (the rifle version that fires this round).

Senior Member Array SilenceDoGood's Avatar
    I'll check it out thanks.
    "A government is like fire, a handy servant, but a dangerous master." -- George Washington

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    The armor piercing round I have no use for this round.I do believe everyone should have the right to own the pistol but not the round that puts our law enforcement at risk.They already have enough on their plate.

Unless you are LE or military you can not get AP rounds for the 5.7. At least that is what I hear.
    Semper Fi

Senior Member Array KevinDooley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stetson View Post
    The armor piercing round I have no use for this round.I do believe everyone should have the right to own the pistol but not the round that puts our law enforcement at risk.They already have enough on their plate.
    I don't want to get embroiled in an argument... but how does me owning AP rounds put law enforcement at risk? I'm a law abiding citizen with a clean record, good upbringing, and strong moral convictions... except in a case of absolute desperation (i.e: we've already eaten the family dog), I don't really see myself becoming a criminal...
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

The will to win is worthless if you do not have the will to prepare. -Thane Yost

Senior Member Array stanislaskasava's Avatar
    I can't think of a logical reason that an armor piercing round should be banned. It just sounds scary. Evil men put law enforcement at risk, not steel or lead.

Unless you are planning to shoot cops, a particular projectile has no impact (pun intended) on LEOs, one way or another. And lawbreakers aren't going to follow the law anyway.

How about if you want to be able to defend yourself against bad guys who wear body armor? Not really all that far-fetched.

Nevertheless, regulating a particular class of small arms and ammunition has no effect on criminals one way or another. What a silly concept. "Cop killer" bullets . . . sheesh!!

My main gripe with the FN Five Seven is the handgun itself -- just doesn't feel good to me. But then, neither does a Kel-Tec PF-9.
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

?

I've been thinking of getting one since the buzz is to ban them! But the grip is too big for my hands, this might not be a problem since all I have heard about them is low recoil. And the other problem is only four or so rounds manufacturered for them.

Also I was hoping that H&K would produce a 4.6mm x 30 pistol since there is more available ammo...

Sponsor
    I have one as an investment. I've acquired 8 mags with the 10 rd extenders [ some have the extension on them already ] as well as something over 1K in ammo for it

Hi shipwreck

Brownie
    The mind is the limiting factor

Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

bae

My30-06 deer rifle will punch right through their body armor. Want to ban ammo for that too?

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    I loved shooting a FiveseveN. It was a blast. However, I couldn't afford rounds for it as the rounds for my .300WinMag are cheaper.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by Irontoad View Post
    I've been thinking of getting one since the buzz is to ban them! But the grip is too big for my hands, this might not be a problem since all I have heard about them is low recoil. And the other problem is only four or so rounds manufacturered for them.
    I have small hands too - a 1 handed grip is almost a stretch - but 2 handed - the grip is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by AzQkr View Post

Hi shipwreck

Brownie

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    It is a neat pistol. I love the magazines, all pistol mags should be so easy to load. The only weak spot is the trigger, IMO it's a little spongy. Very easy to put lots of rounds on target quickly and at a distance if needed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links