Kahr CW40 Question

This is a discussion on Kahr CW40 Question within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have the chance to get a new Kahr CW40 for a really good price. Though I hear mixed reviews on this firearm. I would ...

Thread: Kahr CW40 Question

Kahr CW40 Question

I have the chance to get a new Kahr CW40 for a really good price. Though I hear mixed reviews on this firearm. I would like to hear reviews (both good and bad) from any owners or people who have shot them. Is this a situation where there were issues and they fixed them or is this just a bad line. I am always in the market for new firearms, though I do not know if I should pass on this. Thanks for your help.

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    I'm not crazy about the 40 Kahrs, they have had some issues. Thats a lot of power for such a light frame, however, I have played with both the CW and P40, they do shoot really well.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array SonofASniper's Avatar
    They are snappy, and breaking them in can be painful.

Other than that, yea I think it is a fine weapon. I have one, and have not yet decided to sell it.
    I will support gun control when you can guarantee all guns are removed from this planet. That includes military and law enforcement. When you can accomplish that, then I will be the last person to lay down my gun. Then I will carry the weapon that replaces the gun.

Do you know of any function issues with them?

Administrator
    There was the typical FTF and FTE when they first released the 40's, but that has since been fixed, and a lot of it was due to shooters not knowing how to handle a small, light weight pocket rocket.

I wouldn't concern myself to much with that though, especially if the price is right. They carry great and shoot surprisingly well.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    I own a CW40 and as others have said the recoil is somewhat snappy. When firing be sure to maintain a firm grip as it will FTF/FTE due to limp wristing. Of weapons I have tried it does have the best trigger for a DAO.

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    I have a CW40 and it has been flawless with several 100 rounds down range. Everybody I know or know of who has one is happy with them. I personally have no problems with recoil with this pistol and the pistol is easily controlable IMO. I guess if you are a sensitive type of guy, recoil may be an issue, but if you shoot a lot of guns with calibers that start with a "4", its no issue at all. Of course there is always the "europellets" .32acp, .380 and 9mm for the sensitive types . I have owned and shot just about everything out there over the last 30 years and Kahr's are just outstanding handguns IMO.
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

Well, after all the positive I have bought the CW40 and now on to the holster makers.

Thanks everyone for your help!

Links