Why is there no 9mm PPK/S?
I've been thinking about this a lot. Why hasn't Walther chambered the PPK/S in 9mm? I mean, think about it:
- The .380 ACP is regarded as the minimum self-defense round
- Many consider the 9mm to be the minimum
- The jump from a 9x17mm round to a 9x19mm round isn't much
- There's enough space in the PPK/S currently for an extra 2mm
- A lot of people love the size and weight of the PPK/S, but don't want a .380
So why haven't they done it by now? I'd think this'd be a "no-brainer" for Walther; take one of the most popular handguns, chamber it in the most popular handgun round, and then sit back and look at the profit.
Any ideas why they haven't done it? Any ideas on how we could get them to do it?
Mass email campaign, anyone? :D