Has anyone bought a pistol not intending on it being a EDC?

This is a discussion on Has anyone bought a pistol not intending on it being a EDC? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Yup, mostly my single action stuff. Never could convince myself to carry a .44 ball and cap 1851 navy with a 7 1/2 inch barrel....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone bought a pistol not intending on it being a EDC?

Yup, mostly my single action stuff. Never could convince myself to carry a .44 ball and cap 1851 navy with a 7 1/2 inch barrel.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

2. Remove Ads

Well, kind of in a sense.

I originally got my XD9sc to use as a BUG for my G-23. But lately I've really gotten to like the XD and am carrying that as my primary and back to the SP-101 as my BUG.

So while I got the XD for an EDC, yes... it has since gone from BUG status to Primary.

That may also be due to the fact that I bought a Brommeland Max-Con for it and it has been really comfortably riding in that rig.

If I ever get a truly perfect holster that I love for the G-23, the XD may go back to BUG duty.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Has anyone bought a pistol not intending on it being a EDC?
    I have in the past, but not any more. All of my pistols see carry at one time or another. Now on the other hand, if a Desert Eagle in 50AE fell in my lap, I'd have me a non-carry pistol!

I bought an LAR Grizzly in 44 magnum,I could conceal it but not without a coat or heavy shirt and My 45 has plenty of firepower
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Yup! My last three guns purchased this summer were not intended for EDC.

Kimber Compact CDP II
    Glock-26
    Ruger Single-Six

Stay armed...enjoy buying guns...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Anytime I find a good deal on a firearm I will usually pounce on it whether it may be for CC or not. I recently purchased a very nice S&W M19 6inch for $280 not really handy for CC but a nice companion for my 2-˝ inch S&W M19. I also purchased a S&W M28 4 inch for only $265, just too good of a deal to pass up.

Distinguished Member Array SonofASniper's Avatar
    I purchased my K40 covert for occaisional carry, and it has since become my EDC gun.
    I will support gun control when you can guarantee all guns are removed from this planet. That includes military and law enforcement. When you can accomplish that, then I will be the last person to lay down my gun. Then I will carry the weapon that replaces the gun.

What does "EDC" stand for? Thanks!

I bought my Browning Hi-Power because I've always just wanted one, and to have a 9mm range gun. Since I got the trigger job, removed the mag disconnect and added the Craig Spegel grips, I've absolutely fallen in love with it. When the HBE holster gets here, I expect it will be carried a lot.

On the other hand, I doubt I'll carry the Model 29 I got last month.
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum Mikie View Post
    What does "EDC" stand for? Thanks!
    EDC = Every Day Carry. In other words, the handgun you usually carry with you. My current EDC piece is a Kimber Ultra CDP II .45 ACP.
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

I never planned on carrying my S&W 1911 when I bought it. I bought it for something I could shoot a lot at the range that wouldn't be hard on my hand. I ended up liking it so much that I started to carry it in a Milt Sparks Summer Special. It is now one of my favorite carry options. Even though, lately, I've been looking at another holster as the MS SS has been shifting around on me a bit. I guess loosing some weight has a way of doing that. Lol.

Wht
    “They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security” Benjamin Franklin
    I'm not pro gun, I'm pro rights. What are you?

NRA
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    I bought my 686 having no intent of ever carrying it concealed. It's the house gun with .38+p for my wife, my range/target plinker, or out in the field stuffed with Hornady XTP .357's. I also inherited my Ruger MKII 10" bull barrel from my uncle when he passed away.

SIXTO
    If your a Sig guy (RollsRoyce) how can you possibly carry a Glock? Thats like parking you Ferrari under a tin roof. But really you should try the XD's good price great quality. I agree with you on the Sig's, top notch,thats all I carried for my carrier like my life depended upon it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chooie View Post
    I bought my 686 having no intent of ever carrying it concealed. It's the house gun with .38+p for my wife, my range/target plinker, or out in the field stuffed with Hornady XTP .357's. I also inherited my Ruger MKII 10" bull barrel from my uncle when he passed away.
    That 686 is one of the best revolvers S&W ever made...and it'll digest just about anything

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Anytime I find a good deal on a firearm I will usually pounce on it whether it may be for CC or not. I recently purchased a very nice S&W M19 6inch for $280 not really handy for CC but a nice companion for my 2-˝ inch S&W M19. I also purchased a S&W M28 4 inch for only $265, just too good of a deal to pass up.
    If you ever come across a S&W in 41mag. any bbl legnth call me. I've been looking for years. West NC and loving it..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links