Has anyone bought a pistol not intending on it being a EDC?

This is a discussion on Has anyone bought a pistol not intending on it being a EDC? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What I mean is, you bought a new gun with the intentions of it just being another tool in the box, but had no intentions ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone bought a pistol not intending on it being a EDC?

Administrator

Has anyone bought a pistol not intending on it being a EDC?

What I mean is, you bought a new gun with the intentions of it just being another tool in the box, but had no intentions of it becoming your EDC, but it did anyway?

I have two, my Kahr PM9 and my 442. When I bought them, I had no intentions of giving up my mid sized pistols, like the 228 or G19/23, but I've noticed that both guns are now with me far more than my favored mid size guns.

Anybody else? What were the sneaky ones that won you over and why?
    "Just blame Sixto"

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array Natureboypkr's Avatar
    I have, my G19. It's the first 9mm I've ever shot and I figured that I needed a 9mm in my collection.
    Mixed Martial Arts Record= 2-0.......Kyokushin Karate Record=5-0

USMC.....helping enemies of America die for their countries since 1775

Yeah my Buckmark qualifies for that! NO EDC.

Other than that, all of my others could be EDC. I switch between the XD 9SC and XD 45C. The XD 45S isn't as easy to IWB for me.
    Sean
    XD 9SC | XD 45ACP Service | XD 45ACP Compact |Borealis
    "You may know where you are. God may know where you are. If you don't tell your dispatcher where you are, you'd better be on speaking terms with God!"

Senior Moderator
    My Wilson.

I bought it as a training gun for the weight so I wouldn't be beating my hand up while I was in training with my tiny, light Kimber.

I NEVER intended to carry it.

It performed so well and became such a piece of me during classes that I wanted it with me if I needed it.

VIP Member
    Good question, though I am a bit confused about "intentions"??? I need intentions? I am to guns like Emelda Marcus was to shoes.

Seriously, handgun purchases by me years ago, were related to on-duty carry. A few of them could be used to CC, but they are somewhat large, so no I haven't really had any sneaky ones win me over. I can see how it could happen though.

There are so many handguns manufactured today designed for CC that I'm enjoying the current marketplace. Of course my wife views this as lost opportunities for jewelry purchases. Aren't guns one of the sub-categories of jewelry? We wear it on our bodies huh?
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

EW3
    Yes.

My fullsize H&K USP45 is dedicated to home defense only. It's way too big for carry, but makes a good house gun. It has a UTL light and is within reach when I'm in bed.
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

My CZ50 was supposed to be a collector/range popper--I refinished it to all stainless and now carry it 50% of the time.

Heck, most of my handguns aren't primarily carry pieces. Many never get carried.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    I recently bought a Ruger LCP as a "grab-n-go" gun, but it sits in the safe. I still find the time to put on all the crap for my G19. I was going to use my G26 as a summer carry, but it too sits in the safe. My G19 is still my EDC, no matter what gun I buy or try to carry.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by SubNine View Post
    I recently bought a Ruger LCP as a "grab-n-go" gun, but it sits in the safe. I still find the time to put on all the crap for my G19. I was going to use my G26 as a summer carry, but it too sits in the safe. My G19 is still my EDC, no matter what gun I buy or try to carry.
    Those mid size Glocks tend to do that. I'm a Sig guy, but the G19 keeps coming back like a stray cat.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    I got a full size M&P 40 for home defense and target shooting. Like Lima's Wilson it impressed me so much and I shoot it so well that I take it with me if I'm going to a rough part of town.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Most of the guns that I bought before I started carrying. Now the only guns that interest me are light, compact guns that will conceal and carry well.

One that surprised me for an Every Day Carry is my Model 66-1. I'm surprised how much I liked it.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    I own around 25 handguns and some are single actions, or milsurps so I guess the answer is yes.
    Last edited by pirate; July 12th, 2008 at 07:51 PM.
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

I own the following handguns:
    • Colt Navy .36 Cal Black Powder
    • Ruger Single Six
    • Browning Buck Mark
    • H&K USP (full size) 9mm
    • H&K P2000 9mm

The P2000 is the only one I ever purchased for carry but I like it so much that it's the only gun I've shot in the last year.
    An armed populace are called citizens.
    An unarmed populace are called subjects.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links