Anyone here carry a Glock 21sf or 30sf?

This is a discussion on Anyone here carry a Glock 21sf or 30sf? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am interested if you carry one, what you carry it in, how you carry it and if you have had any problems carrying it ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone here carry a Glock 21sf or 30sf?

Anyone here carry a Glock 21sf or 30sf?

I am interested if you carry one, what you carry it in, how you carry it and if you have had any problems carrying it due to size?

Also, how does the grip compare to a G17?

Thank you.

2. Remove Ads

kpw
    Although I mainly carry my G19, I do carry my 30 SF on occasion. I use a Com-Tac belt slide with it and it carries similar to my 19. It's height and length are very similar to the 19 and the thickness is the only real difference. I haven't had any issues concealing it. As far as the grip, that's going to be a personal thing. I have long fingers and a fairly thick hand and it fits my hand very well. If your short fingered, it may not work well for you. The only way to know is to find one and see for yourself. If it does fit, you'll like it. It shoots fantastic.

I don't know that the SF matters since it is just grip size, but I carry my regular G30 IWB in an MTAC. Very comfortable.

I carry my 30sf in a Comp Tac Pro Undercover IWB holster and it hides well and is very comfortable. I just received a Comp Tack paddle holster for the 30sf and it is also a great holster but it needs to be under a vest the Pro Undercover hides under just an un tucked shirt

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    I'm am now carring my G21 SF in an MTAC. Mine has the Pic Rail, Very nice.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

I carry my G21sf in a Safariland 070 while on duty. I usually carry my Glock 26 when off duty in a Comp-Tac Infidel. But I also carry my 21sf in a Comp-Tac CTAC on occasion. Its just so blastid hot here in Tx that I usually pack the 26 b/c it's become so natural and effortless. I'm still getting used to the 21sf off duty. Its quite comfy. The weight and thickness aren't an issue. The length of the grip is the only thing I'm learning to conceal. I don't see it as much different than a 17 or 22.
    Yeah I like Glocks, wanna fight about it!

I carried my G30 in a RM Holsters Low Rider IWB. It is a great gun. It is thick for carry though. There are guys over on the Glock forum claiming to put together a G30sf frame with a G36 slide. They are calling it the hybrid. They say it carries identical to a G19. Except, of course that you have 10 +1 in .45.
    Paracord Survival Bracelets & Lanyards. Help us raise awareness and $'s for our Wounded Warriors! Visit www.SurvivalStraps.com

I don't have that model Glock, but I carry my G 19,23,26 & 27 in an Mtac. Very comfortable, very concealable, secure and easy one and off the belt.

I have large hands so the Glock 30 fits me just right. Carry mine in a Fist #7.

Joe

I carry my 30 most of the time. I have a 19 also. The 30 rides in a Don Hume H721 OT which I think is the best belt slide holster available for the money. I love it and it makes carry easy. Very tight. Also has a full sweat shield on the inside that doesn't interfere with grip. I don't know how some people claim that it is noticeably thicker. I carry my 19 IWB sometimes, but prefer to carry it in a similar holster to the 30, a Galco Combat Master. I like the DH better. Unless I think about what I am carrying, I cannot tell a difference. Sure, I know it IS thicker, by 2.5 mm. That is about -- that much. Really, I can't tell a difference in a good holster.

does anyone know why the glock 21sf does not appear on glock's website? or am i blind?

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    I carry a Glock 30 in a Crossbreed IWB holster. Sometimes I forget it's there!

Quote Originally Posted by kurtiss View Post
    I carried my G30 in a RM Holsters Low Rider IWB. It is a great gun. It is thick for carry though. There are guys over on the Glock forum claiming to put together a G30sf frame with a G36 slide. They are calling it the hybrid. They say it carries identical to a G19. Except, of course that you have 10 +1 in .45.
    How does the narrow 36 slide fit on the thick 30 receiver? Can anyone confirm if this is possible? If so, any reliability issues?
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

New Member Array Defensor Pacis's Avatar

Glock 21 or Glock 30

Greetings,

I carry both Glocks. The full size when working and the smaller one when not working. My work holster is from Tactical Design Labs
    ( .:Tactical Design Labs:. Retention Holsters and Duty Belt Systems ). I use the Blackhawk Serpa retention system when I'm not working
    ( BLACKHAWK ! *BlackHawk CQC SERPA Holster - Active Retention - Matte Finish ). Gun is secure, but it is quick and easy to draw and reholster.

Good luck!

Regards,

Defensor Pacis
    Evil triumphs when good people do nothing!

Train Hard, Fight Easy!

Quote Originally Posted by NY27 View Post
    How does the narrow 36 slide fit on the thick 30 receiver? Can anyone confirm if this is possible? If so, any reliability issues?
    There have been many people that have tried the Glock 36 slide on the Glock 30 frame and none of them have had any problems that I have heard of.I am going to get a Glock 30 just so I have one to try it out.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links