Glock 36 or Kahr PM45??

This is a discussion on Glock 36 or Kahr PM45?? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; To anyone who has shot both. Which handles recoils better? I have been seriously thinking about the pm45. Read some good, some bad reviews. I ...

Thread: Glock 36 or Kahr PM45??

Glock 36 or Kahr PM45??

To anyone who has shot both. Which handles recoils better? I have been seriously thinking about the pm45. Read some good, some bad reviews. I guess all kahrs have their break in period. I have a xd40 c, and a xd9 sc, but would really like something slimmer, and a 45. I have no opinion on Glock, because ive never owned one. All the sudden im about to be a CHL holder, and all of those things that never mattered before, like gun size, thickness etc... Will be concealing in a IWB either Mtac or CrossBreed type holster. Any recommendation on holsters would also be helpful. thanks

2. Remove Ads

Mo
    I haven't shot the PM45, but I have shot the Glock. Recoil isn't bad at all. I'm quite certain that the lighter, thinner, smaller PM45 is going to have more recoil. I don't know how much more, but I would guess that it would be a distinct difference. The G36 is still relatively thick, so the grip soaks up a lot of the recoil. Plus, you get a 3-finger grip on the frame. I've held the PM45 and can't get 3 fingers comfortably around it. It's the price you pay for fitting a 45 in your pocket.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    When i go that small i don't look to .45. my pocket pistol is a pm9 kahr . Now understand that my wife once shot a full duty qualification with her detonics .45 and frankly scored in the top 5% of the shooters who qualified that day . She loves her compact .45 , and to this day it is her ccw , tho she did carry a modded Browning hp for a duty gun ( it was modded basically to shorten the trigger pull a bit ) . Her Detonics has run well , and in fact as of today it is about 500 rounds over a reccomended spring change , and showing no bobbles as of yet ( she just tested a rapid mag feed with HP ammo the other day on a rattle snake , but that is another story lol ) .
    Back on track tho i am not a small lad , i am 6-0 or 6-1 depending on the day and the dr , i run to 200 lbs + and have a waist that with my ccw fits into a 34 . I carry a 9 . In fact i carry a single stack 9 just because of the form factor and light weight . I can shoot anything fairly well ( well the S&W .460 and .500 slow me down but i shot full house 10mm to qualify as an LE instructor some many years ago ) The ability to shoot " anything " gives me the ability to shoot anything . and select pistols from formfactor as to what carrys well . My answer to the OP is neither lol . A P45 Kahr is a possiblity , the PM no way , not because it cannot or will not shoot , but because just like my pm9 kahr it is just the wrong size to be usefull for a day to day carry gun .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Try the Kahr P45 or CW45. The 1" width includes the slide release and they are very concealable. The PM45 and G36 comparison is not really fair.

Links