Sig 2022 - Any owners?

Sig 2022 - Any owners?

This is a discussion on Sig 2022 - Any owners? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; On my too long list of guns to acquire is a Sig 2022. It is different than a 220, 225,226, 229 etc. I like the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sig 2022 - Any owners?

Sig 2022 - Any owners?

On my too long list of guns to acquire is a Sig 2022. It is different than a 220, 225,226, 229 etc. I like the feel of it, what is the general feelings about them, either from ownership or research?

I don't own one yet, but this gun is also on my short list. Looks very interesting. Looking forward to hearing thoughts...

Matt
    -----------------------
    -SW1911
    -Sig P229
    -M&P 40c
    -Glock 30 SF

I have a Sigpro 2022 in 40,It is a fairly large weapon but concealable,I shoot it very well,mine came with nitesites and they are pretty bright,I qualified for my CHL license with mine and scored 250 out of 250,the only drawback was I shoot left handed and my finger would bump the mag release causing the mag to unseat,the mag button is aluminum so I took my dremel and started grinding the button down til It still worked well to push and drop a mag but I could not inadvertently hit it and release a mag,after solving that problem I would trust my life with it,I have run thousands of rounds thru it and can't think of any problems with it after fixing mag release,I rubbed a little cold blue on the button to return it to the blue color
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Cool 1st time SIG owner

I just ordered one from Buds guns. Hopfully it is as good as the 226 that my friend shoots. Everywhere people are saying it is a joint effort gun, and is in service with police and military in other country's. Many reviews say the DA trigger if hard, but the SA is good, and no report of errors or jams. I bought the 40 S&W.
    I shoot an XD now in local NRA and IPSA compatition was going to buy the XDm, but this cost less and I've always wanted a Sig.

I live about 30 minutes from Buds and actually have been considering one.
    Smith and Wesson Sigma 9mm
    Beretta 92FS 9mm
    Browning Buckmark 22LR
    Ruger Mark III Dexlue Competition Model 22LR.
    1911 Soon.

got two of'em

Token Black Guy

iBlog

I have a 2022 in 9mm and it is 1 of my carry options. It is very accurate and has a great trigger. Anyone interested in one should purchase soon. The prices are down and Sig will probably not continue to manufacture. They are not big on polymer guns and have the 250 to concentrate on.

Before you lament the scarcity of holsters, most XD holsters will work. Leather is easier than kydex to fit. I use a Don Hume IWB for a XD that I got from gunnersalley for $25 with a strong clip and reinforced mouth. Most H&Ks will also work but I would try them first.

Quote Originally Posted by dialM4murder View Post
    got two of'em

i'm curious here, why two of the same? is this your primary carry and a backup?

I have a SP 2340 that has been wonderful. I'll get some photos to share tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by phillb View Post
    I have a SP 2340 that has been wonderful. I'll get some photos to share tomorrow.
    I owned a 2340 and never had a problem!! It's hard to go wrong if it say's Sig on the side!!!
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I have the 2340 as well. I love the gun. It is accurate, fires every time and conceals well. It is a bit heavy in comparison to my Walther P99, but I tend to carry the 2340 because it is more accurate.
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."- Robert A. Heinlein

i have a sp2022 in 40 and i really like it. i wanted to get into sigs and couldn't afford a classic model. i really like the feel of the gun in my hand and it is very accurate. it's my go to pistol for home defense. i added a streamlight a few months back. i will be holding onto this one for a long time.

Sig Pro

I have one for about a month. After a quick cleaninging I put 200+ down range with out a glitch. I'm struggling with the single / double action because I'm used to a XD striker fired where the trigger is consistant. But the gun functions well. It has a ring at the bottom of the grip that gets in my way that I will be removing when I get a chance unless there is a real reason for it that I'm missing (feel free to let me know).

Overall great deal from Buds!

that must be the lanyard loop? mine doesnt have one. what is the purpose for these anyway? is there anybody out there that uses them?

I believe I read that the lanyard loop is there at the request of the French law enforcement community, who, I believe, just bought around 200,000 of the 2022's.

The other grip adapter that came with mine is too large to use for me, so I've got to select the one with the lanyard loop.

It is a royal pain, especially when you are inserting a magazine rapidly. As soon as I get the time to do it properly, it is going to disappear.

Otherwise great pistol, I believe. It has the best double-action pull I've experienced in a semi-auto.

The only thing I don't like about the pistol in general is the way the magazine "slops" around in the grip when my little finger lays on it. It detracts from an otherwise nicely designed firearm.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links