Defensive Carry banner

Q for those who CC a .45 caliber

15K views 126 replies 96 participants last post by  oilman 
#1 ·
Which .45 do you carry?

When I carry a .45 it's a Colt Defender.

I'm just curious what those who conceal carry a .45 are toting around.

#27 ·
QKShooter said:
Euro SIG P/220 AKA SIG/Browning BDA .45
No kiddin? That made me smile. I owned one of these when they first came out, or at least when they were first available in Birmingham which my memory suggests may have been around 1985-1988 sometime. Great shootin' gun. I have owned a couple of P220s since then - they're probably my favorite crunchenticker.

Best,
Jon

#35 ·
Hey Jon

I am really "Odd Man Out" with the Euro Browning BDA .45
I shoot it really well & I appreciate the Sky High Quality.
It just never misses a beat.
It took me a while to learn how to do fast reloads. And...it gets a little goofy switching back & forth between an American style mag release & one "On The Butt" but, the "mental switch mode" is decently on automatic now. :smile:

BigJon said:
No kiddin? That made me smile. I owned one of these when they first came out, or at least when they were first available in Birmingham which my memory suggests may have been around 1985-1988 sometime. Great shootin' gun. I have owned a couple of P220s since then - they're probably my favorite crunchenticker.

Best,
Jon

#39 ·
P95Carry, how is the P12 doing
Clarence - it is running like a sewing machine thanks :smile:. Once I got to test it out after the new extractor fitted - oh wow - it eats and eats :smile:

Mind you - it is not now too long for my armory, sorta sad to say. A member here who is a lefty and has found his relatively new SIG 228 far from ideal for carry, is wanting to trade.

I am if practical about it - better off with the SIG - and I still have three 45acp platforms - two of which are very suitable for carry. Of course I want both guns but hey - gotta be sensible and review my needs, but will be sorry to see it go, tho hopefully to an appreciative home.

#43 ·
Q?

USP45 said:
HK USP45 :biggrin:
Is your H&K the std size or the compact? If standard, how do you carry it? OWB or IWB and in what sort of holster, using what sort of cover garment? Where do you live (climate) and what is your approximate body type? The reason I ask is that the std 12rd capacity USP45 is about to be my next purchase (probably by Christmas) and I'm gathering info from owners. Especially those who carry concealed.

#44 ·
Sig P245 in a Blade Tech IWB or a DeSantis Belt Slide.

#49 · (Edited)
Para P12 in Andrews MacDan2 (most of the time)
Para P13 Limited(once I get out it of the gun store) in Andrews MacDan2
USP45 Tac in Andrews Monarch Shoulder Holster
sometimes Colt 1991A1 in MacDan2

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.