Defensive Carry banner

Q for those who CC a .45 caliber

15K views 126 replies 96 participants last post by  oilman 
#1 ·
Which .45 do you carry?

When I carry a .45 it's a Colt Defender.

I'm just curious what those who conceal carry a .45 are toting around.

#103 ·
It AIN'T A "CLIP!!!"

Springfieldin said:
Well when I was in the desert and issued my M9 I signed a form saying I got an M9 and two "clips". Not saying you are not correct and I understand where you are coming from but whether you want to call it a clip or a mag is a matter opinion.
My GAWD...when I was a still wet behind the ears Second Lieutenant, it I'd referred to a MAGAZINE as a "clip" my Sergeant Major would've put his jump boot so far up my A$$ it'd come out my ear! Then he would've whipped the A$$ of my company First Sergeant for letting the Screwey Looie be STUPID in public!!!!

WTF is happening to our military?????

#105 ·
Well, I'm not in the army anymore...so I guess you're correct: Each to his own.

The only time I really make a point of this is when I'm in NRA Instructor mode and I have a paying student.....

#112 ·
pic

BigBore said:
I sometimes carry my 3" S&W
625-7 chambered in 45 colt..
I keep it loaded with the 200
grain gold dots made by
buffalo bore.
Have you got a pic of that gun and the rig in which you carry it? Is there a website for Buffalo Bore? Is the 625-7 still made by S&W?

#114 ·
I got my new 45!

I picked up my Para P13.45 Limited a couple of day before Christmas, I have shot it yet. I'm thinking of buying a case and help break it in!

#116 ·
Shucks

BigBore said:
S&W made
200 in this caliber a few years
back,they make a 4" version
chambered in 45 acp.
Well, shucks. There goes my idea for a new gun. Back to the 44sp snubbie idea. Hope my FFL can locate one of the discontinued Taurus models. Don't really want the Charter Arms "Pug" model.

#118 ·
For 20 yrs it was series 70 gold cup...last 10 yrs it has been nickeled series 80 Colt Combat Commander with night sights and CT grips, IWB/OWB

a clip is a haircut...a mag is full of redundant articles by gunwriters :)

#119 ·
always a .45

If I put on my underwear, I put on my weapon. I carry an Ed Brown Executive Carry in a Brommeland Max-Con V with a Rafter S Belt. A good holster and belt make all the difference. I sometime wear the wilderness belt at the range with a Threat solutions Kydex holster.
I also have a 5" RRA Elite Commando that I carry. For back up I have transitioned from the P-32 to the P3AT and now the S&W 340PS SC. I feel better with the J frame.

I also carry a blade- a Pro-tec Godson auto.

Irighti

#124 ·
Colt CCO, Federal Premium Personal Defense 165-grain Hydrashoks, IWB holster. OR Norinco Model 1911A1, same load, same type holster.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.