So, do you EMP owners recommend this gun.

This is a discussion on So, do you EMP owners recommend this gun. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The springfield EMP 9mm mini 1911 has been out awhile now. I want to know if its a solid, reliable gun that you trust your ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So, do you EMP owners recommend this gun.

So, do you EMP owners recommend this gun.

The springfield EMP 9mm mini 1911 has been out awhile now. I want to know if its a solid, reliable gun that you trust your life with. Pros and cons. Also, would you buy another one If it were stolen? The same goes for the EMP 40cal owners. THis is a gun I have been wanting for awhile now, just never pulled the trigger. Its a expensive little dude, but I dont mind spending the $ if it is a solid gun. Just wanting honest opinions. thanks

2. Remove Ads

Me too !!! Since I'm waiting for one to come in. So far, all I've heard has been very positive and from what I've seen of it.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    So far, all I've heard has been very positive and from what I've seen of it.
    I, also.

I own both of these guns... Yes Yes I would certainly repurchase.. I am telling your as straight as I can.. these guns are at the very top of my 12 handguns.
    I carried the EMP 9 mm just today.. such a feeling of knowing this custom shop gun will do anything I would ask it to do. From the very first shot to 500 shots (approx.) later not a mis fire or or feed. So So accurate and the rack is so so smooth.. (custom shop) I have fired 4 different loads, I cannot say what my favoite might be.. I am currently have Gold Dot Short Barrel Ammo 9 mm +P... Yes I do carry this ammo for personal protection only.. not on the range only to check the ammo out.. I am also fond of the Winchester Silver Tips.

The .40 cal. same class gun with a steel frame instead of aluminum alloy.

Needless to say these gun are some of the best shooters and some of the best looking to boot.. Expensive yes.. 5 star yes!!

Thanks for the info Naturalstate. I was looking into the 9mm. Is there a big recoil difference in the 40? I see that Para makes a DAO similar to the EMP. I would really like a EMP. I am currently waiting for my CHL to come in the mail, since TX is so backed up with applications. Ive been doing some serious research and shooting everything I can the last couple of months. I can believe we dont have any other happy EMP owners out there.

I've owned 2 EMPs. The early one I dumped because of many different reliabilty problems, the second one worked fine but I dumped it after I got a Kimber 9mm Ultra CDP II. Why? Because the CDP triggers are so much better than the EMP trigger and when it comes to shooting easily and accurate the best trigger is king. I Have 2 .45 CDPs and the 9mm and I would trade 'em for a boat load of Springfields of whatever ilk. Dennis

Have the emp in the 9mm have yet to have a problem.It is a soft shooter and accurate.Yes I would buy another one.Been looking at the 40 I think the recoil would be alittle to much.

I love this gun... nice shooter, accurate, easy to conceal. However, it was sent to SA Armory yesterday. I had numerous problems: Would jam on feed ramp, double round in chamber, sometimes ejected back into my face. Final straw was when front night sight insert fell out somewhere along the way.
    SA was great about it, emailed me a return FedEx overnight label. Told me they would take care of it and return it soon with all problems corrected. This is the 9MM version. I have no problems when it is returned and works right.

CDH
    I got one of the first EMP's way back when, and I did have some trouble with feeding at first.
    However, SA cheerfully gave me an RMA number for it, and when I got it back, it ran like a Singer and I've come to trust it very much.
    It's one of my favorites.

Ironically, a friend of mine bought a Kimber CDP II and just never got to like it. He eventually sold it and still bugs me about letting him be the first to know if I ever want to let my EMP go (which isn't going to happen).

Go figger'.

Member Array airbornerangerboogie's Avatar
    I carried the EMP for about 6 months, it's light, it's accurate, it's everything I could want in a CCW, except it's not a .45 ACP.
    “Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.” James Dean
    Phil (NRA Member and Vietnam Vet)
    ------------- My CCW ----------------
    No Guns Here Boss
    I gave them to the naked Pigmy's in New Guinea

I bought my EMP in May. It had some failure to feed problems with several different hollow points at first. But, after about 320 rounds, it would take any 115gr ammo. It had occasional FTF with 124gr JHP after that. Springfield paid for me to send it to them to correct that. I shot it Monday and it handled 100 rounds of Federal LE Tactical HST with ease. I did have one FTF when while running 29 rounds of the Gold Dot +P 124gr short barrel hollow points. But, today, I realized that one of the magagazine's opening was slightly bent (too tight) when I was trying to put it into the mag holder on my belt. After spreading the opening back I am sure it will feed properly.

In the next day or two I will be going to the range to run a couple hundred rounds of 124 HST and 147 HST and some more of the Gold Dot +P 124gr short barrel through it. I am confident that it will run fine. Great little pistol!

I have the 9mm version. The first magazine had two light primer strikes. No problems with the 1,000 or so rounds since. The thing is shockingly accurate. POA is POI at 50yds.

ranburr

Mine's really nice and flawless, but I think I'd rather have an Officer's steel .45. Maybe a stainless Nighthawk T3 with some of the frills removed (if they can make it that way).
    Freedom of speech does not excuse one from freedom of thought.

I have the EMP in 9mm and its been nothing but perfect so far.I carry it everywhere I go.The finish is awesome,like I said I carry it every day and you couldnt tell it from new. Though I am contemplating selling it to try a new G30SF...not sure though..I may regret that in the end!

Made it to the range this afternoon. My EMP runs like a charm. I put 100 rounds of 147 gr. Federal LE Tactical HST, 100 rounds of 124 gr. Federal LE Tactical HST, and 20 rounds of 135 gr. Hydra-Shoks through it without a problem. Good to go!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links