Thoughts on Kahrs CW series - Page 2

Thoughts on Kahrs CW series

This is a discussion on Thoughts on Kahrs CW series within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Very impressed with all of your input. I'm looking at the CW9 and it seems to be the best bang for the buck. The Glock ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Kahrs CW series

Very impressed with all of your input. I'm looking at the CW9 and it seems to be the best bang for the buck. The Glock 26, XDsc, and M&P seem to be a bit bulky when considering concealment( thats just my opinion).

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJerm80 View Post
    I'm looking at the CW9 and it seems to be the best bang for the buck.
    Thats exactly my opinion, I have owned several Kahrs. Given a choice, I'd choose the non CW guns, but at that price point they are hard to beat and an excellent value.
    "Just blame Sixto"

My CW9 has run like a top. It's very light due to the plastic frame. If plastic doesn't bother you the CW9 may be "the" ideal 9mm cc weapon. I've carried it almost exclusively for over a year but have now begun to carry my Sigma 40ve. With the Sigma's plastic frame it's like a CW9 on steroids.

Ditto on all the comments about the CW9. I've had mine for a month or so and love it. The only other gun I carry now is my PM9 when I need deep concealment or pocket carry. I like the CW9 so much, I'm already looking to get it a big brother CW45.
    -LP-
    "If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - The Dalai Lama (May 15, 2001, The Seattle Times)

Thumbs up

I'll also stand behind the CW9. Mine has been flawless. Perfect for when you need a small carry gun. I was a little hesitant at first reading some folks thought it was a rough gun during 300 round break ins, but mine has been a top shooter from the first magazine.

I have a CW9 and initially it shot way to the left (4" at 10 yards) and would fail to feed the second round in the mag quite often. I sent it back (on their dime both ways, their RMA came with their fedex account number) and they replaced the barrel and slide stop spring. It works fine now and is accurate. Btw the turnaround was 6 days including a Sat and Sun. I carry it in a Desantis Cozy partner IWB at 2:30 and it is very comfortable, and can be drawn while sitting.

Absolutely love my CW9. It's been a flawless performer.

"Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Senior Member Array Sergeant Mac's Avatar
    I bought my wife a CW40, and....go figure....I've fired it more than she has.

Works like a charm. Easier to manage than my PM40, because there's more to hang onto.

One caveat: stick with factory magazines. I bought an aftermarket mag for the CW40, and it turned it into a jammamatic....until I went back to the factory mag.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergeant Mac View Post
    I bought my wife a CW40, and....go figure....I've fired it more than she has.

Works like a charm. Easier to manage than my PM40, because there's more to hang onto.

One caveat: stick with factory magazines. I bought an aftermarket mag for the CW40, and it turned it into a jammamatic....until I went back to the factory mag.
    Yeah, I haven't found an after market mag worth having for a Kahr yet.
    "Just blame Sixto"

This guy has real kahr mags at a good price, when he has them: Ivanhoe Warehouse Outlet - Product » KAHR 8-RD 9MM SS #K920 - USED GUNS, PISTOLS, REVOLVERS, FIREARMS, HANDGUNS, SHOTGUNS

however I have had good luck with the two 8 round promags I bought from Midway. I should add that the ftf problems only happened with the Kahr mags, not the Promags. The spring in the originals is a lot firmer than the promag, and seemed to cause the early rounds in the mag to feed flatter, and get stuck on the feed ramp. But, like I said, no problem now.

So, after reading all of your comments i placed a CW9 on hold at my LGS. Cant wait to pick it up! Thanks again for all of your input. Please feel free to keep commenting, i would like to continue hearing positive things about this gun as well as the bad(hopefully not a lot).

Quote Originally Posted by braindonor View Post
    +1 on the recommendation above...received mags in 2 days, in the factory plastic.

My only beef with the 8rd mag is that the plastic base doesn't cover up to the butt of the gun, so there's a gap that's not only unsightly, but a possible snag point. I think someone could make some money designing a base that covers the mag completely.

My CW9 misfed twice the first 300 rounds...both times, it appears that I was at fault. Once I changed my reload method and ensured the rounds were flush up against the side of the mag, I've not run into the problem again.

It's now my primary IWB carry, don't even know it's there most of the time!

Kahr

I also have had a new CW9 for a couple of weeks and have put around 300 rounds through it. Only problems have been jam on feeding. Only a few times at first, but is probably the magazine and is uaually the first round.
    I'm in the process of proving to myself that the CW9 will feed HP ammo with 100% reliability. This is necessary for a carry gun.
    I have an old Galco IWB made for a small revolver that the CW9 fits perfectly and the thin gun hides well. Hope to retire my G19 soon.
    Also I found as did the guy with the above picture, that the small size rubber slip on grip makes a huge improvement in the feel of the grip. Doesn't have the sharp corner and flat sides feel any more.

I have a new CW40 which has been flawless in operation with about 400 rounds of Winchester, Remington, Federal, and Speer 155 grain JHP through it.

I have had 2 failure to ignite with CCI Blazer aluminum 165 grain FMJ ammo, but I've also had them with that ammo in my M&P .40.

I have complete confidence in the CW with my normal self-defense ammo.

Since it uses the same magazines my K40 does, I sometimes carry both the Kahrs, the CW in the front left pocket, and the K in a IWB or fanny pack.

The CW makes a nice pocket pistol with the right holster and pants.

My brother has a new CW9 which he has not had any problems with so far.

My only negative comment is that there was a bunch of plastic "fuzz" hanging off the frame. It seems that Kahr would had the pride in their product to remove it before shipping. I got rid of it with a sharp blade, but wasn't pleased to be doing it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links