CZ75 Compact

This is a discussion on CZ75 Compact within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a line on a CZ75 Compact for $392.oo plus tax and bottle deposit, NIB, what do you think? Thanks, I'm new to CZ's....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CZ75 Compact

CZ75 Compact

I have a line on a CZ75 Compact for $392.oo plus tax and bottle deposit, NIB, what do you think? Thanks, I'm new to CZ's.

2. Remove Ads

Ex Member Array HollowpointHank's Avatar
    While I don't have a 75, I do have an 83 and love it. The construction is very good, I trust this gun. Very accurate. I don't think you could go wrong at that price. Just my $.02

Thumbs up cz pistols

i got a 75 bd. very reliable and accurate[more than me] gun. got mine from sportingarms.com. you might want to check out czforum. lot's of experience with those on that forum.

Assistant Administrator
    No CZ's in my collection (not counting an ol 52!) - but I see a lot of good feedback generally so - seems they have quite a following.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

p95 carry...i bought mine, just for fun after reading about them. after owning one, i'm gonna get another[maybe 2 or 3]. they have some compacts i'm looking at. just can't decide between a po1, rami, or sp01. they seem to be well constructed, except for a plastic guide rod, easy to disassemble/clean, accurate, and reliable. kinda like the s&w value series, only the cz's feel a little more robust and comfortable. at least to me. ymmv.

Assistant Administrator
    I must say - if I hadn't got all the gear I have, in particular the SIG trend I follow - I'd most certainly consider trying a CZ - most likely a 75. The Rami is appealing but I don't feel I know enough about it.

I do tend to think that overall ''Eastern Block'' handguns are usually pretty solid and robust.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

No CZs in my safe either. I know they're VERY reliable though. Lots of people want em, and ask for them when in the store. Tells you that it's a good peice.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Senior Member Array older gunner's Avatar
    I have a CZ40P. It is a pretty good pistol. I replaced the flimsy guide rod and spent some time polishing the feed ramp. The gun I have shoots well with FMJ, but doesn't like HP's. I've read that it may after firing 500 or so FMJ to break in. I don't know about that. However, the gun is still comfortable to shoot and is accurate. If I have to stick with FMJ, I can use Corbon Pow'r Ball of Federal EFMJ for self defense. I paid too much for mine, but that's another story. They're hard to find where I am, and I didn't want to buy via the Net without handling the piece and getting a good look-see.

VIP Member
    CZ handguns are very nice indeed. I have a CZ-40B...it's a great gun!
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Have a CZ-40P and a Witness Tac II in 40 S&W, which is probably closer to a CZ compact than the 40P. Think they are both great and that CZ (and their clones like the Witness) are one of the best kept secrets out here. I doubt if you find as big a bang for the buck as you'll get with a CZ.
    "... Americans... we want a safe home, to keep the money we make and shoot bad guys." -- Denny Crane

would love to have the compact Po1 model.
    Listen, Think and React.....Nuff Said.....

Quote Originally Posted by Terry G
    I have a line on a CZ75 Compact for $392.oo plus tax and bottle deposit, NIB, what do you think? Thanks, I'm new to CZ's.
    Terry, that seems like a great price. Is that for the 9mm or the .40?

I have a CZ P-01 and a 40-P, and my wife has a CZ PCR. They are great guns for the money, and have been very reliable. The downside is that since they are not as common as SIGs, HKs, Glocks... You have to look around a little for accessories. Holsters, nightsights etc. are not available in most gunstores, but can be found all over the Net. I don't think you can go wrong with that deal.

VIP Member
    I have a CZ75 Compact. It's a great gun - built like a tank, reliable and accurate. It's very ergonomic for my hands. I've CC'ed it a couple times; it's easy to conceal and comfortable to carry. It's a keeper.

If you want to see pics from different angles or dissassembled pics, let me know.
    Attached Images
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

CZ Compact

Hi terry,

My son started me with CZs. He bought a full sized CZ 75 and has become a world renowned tack slaughterer. I bought the P01, since it's a bit smaller for carry. The ergonomics on both pistols are superb and neither of us has ever had a hickup with either pistol.
    I really like the rail on the P01 for HD, but the PCR is smaller still for carry. I also like the DA/SA and the decocker on mine. I haven't seen the RAMI yet, for fear that I'll buy it as soon as I look at it.

Be Well,

Scarface
    Scarface
    Good night, Chesty, wherever you are
    http://www.anklepocket.com/

Quote Originally Posted by DirksterG30
    Terry, that seems like a great price. Is that for the 9mm or the .40?

I have a CZ P-01 and a 40-P, and my wife has a CZ PCR. They are great guns for the money, and have been very reliable. The downside is that since they are not as common as SIGs, HKs, Glocks... You have to look around a little for accessories. Holsters, nightsights etc. are not available in most gunstores, but can be found all over the Net. I don't think you can go wrong with that deal.
    It's a 9MM, which I don't have a problem with as long as it feed's Hydra-Shok's and Golden Sabres.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links