Defensive Carry banner

Tyler trigger shoe bad?

7K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  NCHornet 
#1 ·
I was wondering how you guys here feel about tyler's trigger shoes,I've read where some people say they are dangerous why? I've looked at and shot some j-frame revolvers with them and feel for me they really steady my trigger pull. I ask as I've ordered one and a grip adapter for my colt cobra today as I like these on revolvers. thanks for any help guys.

#3 ·
I've never used them and the only thing I could conceive as being dangerous is if the trigger shoe extends past the outside of the trigger guard where it could snag when holstering,

#7 ·
As other have cautioned, trigger shoes are a target shooting accessory, not recommended for carry guns. Stock Tyler shoes are wider than the trigger guard. You could have a narrower shoe custom made if you really want one. Go here for the particulars.

Remember, too, that trigger shoes attach to the trigger by friction supplied by two tiny set screws. They've been known to come loose at inconvenient times.

Still, I would not recommend one for a carry gun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.