Tyler trigger shoe bad?

Tyler trigger shoe bad?

This is a discussion on Tyler trigger shoe bad? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was wondering how you guys here feel about tyler's trigger shoes,I've read where some people say they are dangerous why? I've looked at and ...

Thread: Tyler trigger shoe bad?

Tyler trigger shoe bad?

I was wondering how you guys here feel about tyler's trigger shoes,I've read where some people say they are dangerous why? I've looked at and shot some j-frame revolvers with them and feel for me they really steady my trigger pull. I ask as I've ordered one and a grip adapter for my colt cobra today as I like these on revolvers. thanks for any help guys.

Senior Member Array bluelineman's Avatar
    While I do not have one, I've seen many posts where people are happy with them.

I've never used them and the only thing I could conceive as being dangerous is if the trigger shoe extends past the outside of the trigger guard where it could snag when holstering,
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I've never used them and the only thing I could conceive as being dangerous is if the trigger shoe extends past the outside of the trigger guard where it could snag when holstering,
    That's the problem. For bullseye target shooting, where the pistol is taken to the range in a shooter's box, it's not a problem. For a holster gun, highly NOT recommended.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HeadHunter View Post
    That's the problem. For bullseye target shooting, where the pistol is taken to the range in a shooter's box, it's not a problem. For a holster gun, highly NOT recommended.
    I'd agree with this. IMO, a trigger shoe is a target shooting accessory, not a carry accessory. OMO, YMMV.

I did put a Tyler T-Grip (they shipped really fast, too) onto my S&W Model 15-4 snubnose a few weeks ago, and I really like it.
    If the public are bound to yield obedience to laws to which they cannot give their approbation, they are slaves to those who make such laws and enforce them.--Samuel Adams as Candidus, Boston Gazette 20 Jan. 1772

Veteran--USA FA
    NRA Benefactor Life
    Tennessee Firearms Association Life

Ok but if the trigger shoe doesn't extend past the trigger guard and my holster can accommodate it do you think it should be ok then?

1943 - 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911luver View Post
    Ok but if the trigger shoe doesn't extend past the trigger guard and my holster can accommodate it do you think it should be ok then?
    As other have cautioned, trigger shoes are a target shooting accessory, not recommended for carry guns. Stock Tyler shoes are wider than the trigger guard. You could have a narrower shoe custom made if you really want one. Go here for the particulars.

Remember, too, that trigger shoes attach to the trigger by friction supplied by two tiny set screws. They've been known to come loose at inconvenient times.

Still, I would not recommend one for a carry gun.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Have your smith order a wide trigger from S&W for you. Trigger shoes are a fantastic way to lock up a revo.

I would highly recommend learning to shoot well without any add ons. Just one more thing to go bad , when things really go bad.

NCH
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Links