STI - Page 2

STI

This is a discussion on STI within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by QKShooter OK...don't any Kimber guys get mad at me but regarding parts quality I think that overall STI builds a better handgun ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: STI

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    OK...don't any Kimber guys get mad at me but regarding parts quality I think that overall STI builds a better handgun than Kimber.
    I agree.....I own several Kimbers & STIs (the latest one is a Trojan 5.0 in .45acp). The STIs have great fit & finish, they are also very reliable.

The Trojan I got a few months ago from Dawson Precision is one of the only 1911s I have that didn't require some extra 'tuning' after I received it.

Price wasn't bad either...I paid right at $1000 for it...... $921.00 plus shipping & xfer.

519-993 Pistol/STI, Trojan, 45 ACP, 5" Detail Page
    Attached Images
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Unfortunately, STI got fed up with the BS they had to go thru to do business in the PRC and we can't get'm here.

Probably the most overated pistols that I have ever owned. Not a mistake that I will make again.

ranburr

Senior Member Array McPatrickClan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Bouquett View Post
    Unfortunately, STI got fed up with the BS they had to go thru to do business in the PRC and we can't get'm here.
    Now that was a gutsy move.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Bouquett View Post
    One of the most honorable things a gun manufactures has ever done. To bad other manufactures have not followed suit
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Quote Originally Posted by ranburr View Post
    Probably the most overated pistols that I have ever owned. Not a mistake that I will make again.

ranburr
    And every other 1911 at their price-point isn't?
    They make good guns. If I were still in 1911's I would have one (speaking as a previous owner of 2 BLSs.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links