S&W 3rd Gen Internals

S&W 3rd Gen Internals

This is a discussion on S&W 3rd Gen Internals within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey guys, for those that have them or worked on then, how would you characterize internal machining on the S&W 3rd gen pistols? - poor, ...

Thread: S&W 3rd Gen Internals

Question S&W 3rd Gen Internals

Hey guys, for those that have them or worked on then, how would you characterize internal machining on the S&W 3rd gen pistols? - poor, good, average, excellent, superior or any other description you'd like to add. I am particularly interested in quality of CNC milling on the internal side of slides...as this says a lot about quality elsewhere in the build.

Thanks.

I have looked at NUMEROUS 3rd generation pistols innards for years, and seen varying degrees of machining, tool marks, etc. I would say that the newest CNC stuff they put out, which I've only seen on the M&P series guns, is the consistent one. I haven't seen the insides of many of them-maybe 6-but I saw them making them in Springfield, and their explanation of the process made it seem like they would be darn near perfect. I don't know if the same process is used to build the 3rd generation guns yet.
    What Would Gumby Do?

Sponsored Links