Getting a 1911 compact - Page 3

Getting a 1911 compact

This is a discussion on Getting a 1911 compact within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've been looking for the smallest 1911 around for some time and found some candidates you might want to look into. Heres the thread to ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Getting a 1911 compact

I've been looking for the smallest 1911 around for some time and found some candidates you might want to look into. Heres the thread to the discussion.

Picked up the SA Micro compact and it would not function with SA Mags. changed to wilson and problem went away, still has an occasional FTF on last round so it is not carried... have about 300 rounds through it and just got a call back from SA saying they would give me an RA number to send it back... your results may vary...

sure is a sweet looking sidearm and pretty nice to shoot when functioning...

If your not packin' your slackin'

Its better to have and not need than to need and not have, keep it safe but keep it loaded!

USN : Desert Storm

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    I have a Rock Island Armory compact which is the same size as an officer's model. For the money it can't be beat. I shoots whatever it is fed and it conceals very nicely. I use Wilson and Kimber mags with it. Only negatives I can see is it is a bit heavy for such a small gun and it has GI sights.
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

For a 3" gun, get a Colt Defender.

ranburr

Quote Originally Posted by ranburr View Post
    For a 3" gun, get a Colt Defender.

ranburr

Actually I am considering the defender. It has the best grips so far I have seen. The only thing I would have to get used to is it being a lightweight pistol. Always been used to a heavy feel to my 45's, other then that though it is a great looking pistol, Colt makes one of the finest 1911's out there. Just trying to see if I can get used to the lightweight feel.
    "If ever time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."

Samuel Adams

Senior Member Array InspectorGadget's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gideon View Post

I now carry a 3" Colt New Agent and it's far more concealable than any of the commander sized guns I considered and even a bit better than a 4" officers model.

4. The trench sights on the New Agent are actually great for their purpose. It's just our hang up of being used to one kind of sight that makes it a mental thing. I've had front sights hang up on holsters, even when they had slots. that won't happen with the new agent. I am almost as good with the trench as standard novak night sights. And, I'm surprised that it's a tiny bid easier for me to acquire a sight picture with the trench than with conventional sights. I have poor eyesight but the long line of the trench is just more natural to line up than three dots.

5. I was afraid of 3" recoil in .45. You should have seen me the first time I was pulling the trigger on my New Agent In my opinion my 3" New Agent has less felt recoil than my full size SA Mil Spec. May be different for you!

I agree totally, I was expecting a lot more recoil since it is a small lightweight package. Very quick reacquisition. I will click the laser after I think I have acquired to get used to the sights. (saves using a lot of ammo) no problems at the range.
    Colt 1911 New Agent, CTLaser

You do not work for them, they work for you.
    Senators http://senate.gov/general/contact_in...nators_cfm.cfm
    Congressmen http://www.house.gov/house/MemberWWW_by_State.shtml

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links