Bersa finger rest for Ruger LCP?

This is a discussion on Bersa finger rest for Ruger LCP? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just put 150 flawless rounds tonight through my new Ruger LCP, but it really IMO could use just a bit more to hold onto. ...

Thread: Bersa finger rest for Ruger LCP?

I just put 150 flawless rounds tonight through my new Ruger LCP, but it really IMO could use just a bit more to hold onto. It seemed like it wanted to jump out of my hand at each shot. I used Bersa Thunder 380 finger rests on a previous P3AT, which fit fine, but I had jamming issues. ( I think it was just the gun overall and not the add-ons, BTW)

Does anyone know if you can use Bersa finger rests on the LCP magazines?
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

Senior Member Array HowardCohodas's Avatar
    The magazine base plate pinky extension that I bought through GunBroker.com Online Gun Auction says it fits Kel-Tec P3AT & P32, Ruger LCP and Bersa 380.
    Howard
    I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop!!
    Politically Incorrect Self Defense

lcp

The Bersa finger extension does fit the Ruger LCP but it has a little gap between the plastic extension and grip. It is just cosmetic though.
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by ronbo View Post
    The Bersa finger extension does fit the Ruger LCP but it has a little gap between the plastic extension and grip. It is just cosmetic though.
    OK thanks. I will order the finger rests from Bersa.
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    You can get the Kel Tec extensions for the P3AT that work on the LCP for $7 on e bay.
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

I threw a Bersa extension on one of my LCP mags when I first bought the pistol, but I really didn't like it much - removed it fairly quickly. As posted earlier, they do fit, but leave a cosmetic gap between the grip and the extension. The reason I didn't like it was due to how awkward it felt to have to wrap my pinky around the extension (it protrudes between your pinky and ring finger). If I were born without a pinky on my right hand it would've been perfect.

Senior Member Array mr surveyor's Avatar
    on the P3AT, I tuck my little finger under the rest. I have heard all the horror stories about the magazine blow-outs, and how you could lose a finger, but I have also heard of even more "ka-booms" that have little to do with user tecniques. Actually, I tuck my little finger under the baseplate of my Kimber Compact too, since it's too danged short and useless to add anything to my grip.

For a long, long time I was not an advocate of adding the finger rest to the smallest, lightest .380 cal pistol in mass production. It just did not seem right adding more bulk to such a nice design for small space concealment. But, after giving in and experimenting for the measly price of 7 bucks, I was totally amazed at the added control the finger rest added. My ring finger has a nice base now to firmly control muzzle flip.

surv

Links