Defensive Carry banner

Fair Price

1K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  sass20485 
#1 ·
I got a buddy interested in buying my S&W 642. Its less than 3 months old and has less than 100 rounds in it. What is a fair price to quote him?
Brand new in my area they are going between $425 and $475. I also have new Hogue Bantam grips and RKBA pocket holster that are going with it. I want to tack on another $50 for the grips and holster to the price of the gun.
Thanks!

#2 ·
Wow, I was just at the gun show in Fort Worth, TX a couple of weaks ago, and S&W 642 were selling new for $350-380. I would have thought $300-350 would be fair for a 3 month old one, but it appears that prices are higher up there.

So based on that, I think it would probably be best if you only took suggestions from people local to you, because it appears the price for a new gun does differ quite a bit depending on which state you are in. What is reasonable down here is probably not reasonable up there.

#3 ·
WOW someone from my home area!! I was in kzoo tonight, will be tomorrow too :) Brand new they are 400-425. The price just went up on them. Don't know where you bought yours, but D&R has them for 399. Shooters choice was at 425 yesterday. So, I would say roughly what you paid for it should be fair price, the 400-425 range. Ask that and take maybe 390ish. Good luck

#5 ·
Are you serious??? I know when I bought mine a few months ago I was speaking with the gunsmith and he said S&W were raising the prices 15 bucks on them. There was a sale running at 399. If I could get 400 out of mine I would sell it and get a Kahr pm9. I stopped in at shooters choice and the service was HORRIBLE. I have friends that work at On Target and unless I get them the service is almost as bad. But dang...450 bucks...wow

#6 ·
I actually got mine during the 399 sale! I recently bought the S&W M&P 360 and have no need for the 642. I put the Kahr CW9 on hold at D&R. I live right down the street from shooters choice and will absolutely not set foot into that store! From what research i have been doing D&R and MC Sports on West Main have the lowest firearm prices around.

#7 ·
I was just looking at the cw9 on buds. And under 400 bucks for the thing!! Heck of a deal. I did not know MC had guns...Stopped in to Gander mt on westnage and they were kinda pricey. D&R is a good place, I used to work there and am good friends with the owners. Do you know of any decent places to shoot indoors around here? I only know of one place in kzoo, and one in battle creek. But my friend took the CPL course a few weeks ago and was told they are building a place out in Alamo....

#8 ·
Battle Creeks the only one i know of. I'll have to keep an ear open for the Alamo range.
I put my CW9 on hold @ D&R for $399. MC doesn't have the largest selection but when you have them do a price check the price always comes back lower than any other store around us.

#12 ·
Listed as $403 brand new from BudsGunShop.com, but really the price is up to you and the buyer. If he doesn't like it he can always walk away.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.