SA Champion Sights

This is a discussion on SA Champion Sights within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Looking for a little help for my Champion. Want to swap the sights over to a Novak style without milling the rear or the front ...

Thread: SA Champion Sights

Senior Member Array Sportsterguy's Avatar

SA Champion Sights

Looking for a little help for my Champion. Want to swap the sights over to a Novak style without milling the rear or the front slide. They do not have to be night sights. Any help sending me in the right direction would be appreciated. Attached a pic if it may be of help.

Thanks,

Roger

Sportsterguy-NRA Life Member

Molon Labe!

Join the NRA today, or don't complain when your guns are taken away!

2. Remove Ads

Just curious...if you're not concerned about night-sights, why the switch to Novaks?

(I don't like "no snag" sights since it makes it kinda hard to snag them on your belt to rack the slide when performing a one-handed reload)
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

Senior Member Array Sportsterguy's Avatar
    KenpoTex, I shot a friends Champion with the Novaks and shot it better than mine. Not alot but it made a small difference. Never thought or was trained on the 1 hand reload. Did it today and was impressed. So much so I'm sticking with the original sights. Thanks for your time and info.
    Sportsterguy-NRA Life Member

Molon Labe!

Join the NRA today, or don't complain when your guns are taken away!

No problem. If you're unhappy with your current sights but want to preserve the one-hand racking ability, take a look at Trijicon, Meprolight, or (my favorite) the Big-Dots from XS Sights.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

I have Novaks on my Champion (see my avatar) and due to my declining eyesight, i will be switching to some Novak fibers later on this year.

You can't go wrong with Novaks.....
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

JD
    Administrator
    You're going to need to have the slide milled for Novaks, or "Novak style" sights.

You can get other sights that won't require the milling, but if you want Novaks, you're going to need the cut.

As noted above, the XS sights are excellent, other sights may be available as well, you just need to make sure you look for the staked on front sight, and standard rear sight.

Millet sights may have something to fit your criteria.

Personally, if I didn't want to cut the rear, I'd go with one of THESE, no guarantees that it will fit the Champ, but if you call Brownells, I'm sure they'll help you out.

I shoot guns w/ differents sights including: XS, Novak, Iron, regular adjustable sights, but haven't had the luxury of shooting w/ night sights yet. Out of all of the guns i've shot I like the Novak sights the most and I would imagine that Novak fiber optic sights would be eben better. Yet theres still the problem as the others stated that they would require some milling.
    Smith and Wesson Sigma 9mm
    Beretta 92FS 9mm
    Browning Buckmark 22LR
    Ruger Mark III Dexlue Competition Model 22LR.
    1911 Soon.

Links