How many EDC A snubby? - Page 2

How many EDC A snubby?

This is a discussion on How many EDC A snubby? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by aznav I just reread the North Miami Incident where seven of eight FBI agents were shot by two BG's. Two agents were ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How many EDC A snubby?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aznav View Post
    I just reread the North Miami Incident where seven of eight FBI agents were shot by two BG's. Two agents were killed. As many folks already know, that was when the agency switched from wheel guns to semi auto's. I certainly can see a snubbie as a BUG but the chill that went down me on this article says, "Gimmie a double mag semi auto!"
    I don't work for the FBI and I don't have arrest powers. My duty is to survive, not to charge into the line of fire. My Taurus 605 in .357 is plenty of gun to get me out of the line of fire.
    A word of warning; if you can afford to do more Bear does not recommend giving your wife two pieces of bubble gum for her birthday.

I carry a Taurus 850 cia and feel very comfortable with it. Here in Louisiana this time of year a bigger gun is hard to conceal.

I carried a SP-101 for a long time as either primary or a BUG...

Still carry it on occasion as a BUG.

Presently G-23 primary and XD9sc as BUG.

But, I still have an affinity towards revolvers and snubby's

I own 2 SP-101's snubs and a 3" stainless Ruger Speed Six .357
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

For my first 10yrs of carry, I opted for a S&W 442 Airweight .38spl revolver. Mostly due to simplicity and ease of concealment, yes.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    S&W 637 most days. I would not worry about the FBI switch. Two individuals who are armed and practiced want to kill you and have the jump on you - they are gonna kill you. You may get one, you may put holes in both of them, but you are not likely to survive. Behind the curve is behind the curve no matter what you carry.

I used to carry my SP-101 occasionally in a cheap nylon iwb. But since I just got a nice Andrews McDaniel IWB from a great member here, I think I will be carrying the SP-101 much more now.

It conceals very well for me appendix. Since I am sitting the majority of the time at work, the Sp-101 will be getting a lot more belt time.

I front pocket carry a 642 as I need to be tucked in while working,
    America: Your government is not ignoring you, it's insulting you.

The Bill of Rights: Void where prohibited by law.

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blue1023 View Post
    I EDC a Ruger SP101 2.25 inch barrell
    I'm paymeister's wife, and this is what I carry also.

Senior Moderator
    If I am wearing shorts I pocket carry a snubbie
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

I just reread the North Miami Incident where seven of eight FBI agents were shot by two BG's. Two agents were killed. As many folks already know, that was when the agency switched from wheel guns to semi auto's. I certainly can see a snubbie as a BUG but the chill that went down me on this article says, "Gimmie a double mag semi auto!"
    Maybe so, but a semi-auto doesn't make you bullet proof. I think a lot of folks here seem to think that carrying a gun makes them invincible. If you get in a fist fight, you are going to get hit. If you get in a knife fight, you are going to get cut. If you get in a gunfight, you are going to get shot. Carrying a gun doesn't mean you aren't going to get hurt, it just means you have a better chance at survival. My snubby will serve that purpose as well as anything in normal every day settings. I am not LEO so I only carry to protect me and my family. Hate to sound cold, but the rest of the world is on their own. I have no desire to be a hero. I can't carry enough stuff to cover every possible scenario. So the choice has to be made as to what I need to cover the most likely scenario. For me the snubby covers those bets.

I have carried a snubbie from time to time, everything from .32 magnum to .44 Special.
    God bless our troops!

Smith 640 most times, some length of 1911 Colt if dress and location seem right.

OD*
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

Senior Moderator
    My S&W 360PD has become my best friend during this pregnancy. It has been my EDC for about two months now. I just can't find a gun as light and easy to carry.

As soon as our son is born and my body goes back to a semblance of the order it was in before JD infested me with such a wiggling and rapidly growing parasite (which I absolutely ADORE!!) I'll go back to carrying my 1911s. Till then I'll take my chances with the 360PD. I don't feel under gunned and it sure beats calling for help.

642 with Crimson Trace grips. Not my always go to carry piece, but probably carried more than others...
    NRA Instructor/RSO/Coach/Recruiter
    www.mallardspring.com
    Fenix, Olight, Nitecore, AMK, Leatherman, Condor, Maxpedition
    Forum Member 8% Discount code dccwms8

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links